21 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2014 5:43 PM by iivrruummii RSS

One or 360?

BLUEMAGICxx34

Which console will you be rolling with when AW comes out?  I know I want to stay with xbox, but I'm not sure whether or not to finally get an Xbox One (The bundle where you get the bonus content with the special edition Xbox One looks sick) .  For anyone that has one are the visuals and graphics that much better?  Finally, do you think more people will play this game on the 360 or the One? I can't seem to find any articles predicting which console will have the highest player base and I want to make sure I'm playing with the majority and not the minority, so to speak.

• Re: One or 360?
          nicedrewishfela

Since the 360 version will be a port, I am making the leap to Next Gen. Have been a 360 guy for years, but I am considering the PS4.

Getting a lot of good advice in this thread- Re: Help me make the jump.

The graphics will be a jump forward, but I don't know how much different the game will actually be as far as Next Gen Exclusives at this point.

VECTORdude

What about Ghosts? Was next gen just a port?

nicedrewishfela

I don't think so...

But I know they have reported SH making the Next Gen and the 360/PS3port would be handled by another Dev.

rankismet

VECTORdude wrote:

What about Ghosts? Was next gen just a port?

It was a port from X360 to X1 for the most part... I have both.

The X1 has crisper graphics and more smoke elements... and is more stable (which isn't saying much with Ghosts, TBH)....

... but never felt next-gen.

AW was built for next-gen.

i would go next-gen if that's an option. As to PS4 v X1... all a matter of preference. Myself, I prefer XBL.. and since you have to pay now for PSN... I won't get a PS4 until next year.

AsianSensation97

Personally, I prefer PC because you don't have to worry about the whole generation thing, just upgrade hardware when it comes time. But I would go with XB1 over 360, you should have plenty of players from looking at BF4 stats across consoles(granted BF fans are more hardcore but still, shows plenty of people are on XB1 now), and the system is just so much more powerful.

biron_w

PS4

I had every COD from COD4 to Ghosts on my Xbox 360 but I've gone for a PS4 this gen and I'm getting AW on it.

iHattoriHanzo0

Make the leap to the One. It will be a better experience than the 360. A four or five hundred better experience is a personal question that you'll need to answer for yourself. But keep in mind thats it a decision that will last much longer than AW.

There have been lots of sub par issues with the One since its been released. Even with all the inadequacies this year, I don't regret the switch at all. All the games I've played this year on the One (6) have been a higher quality than any game on the 360 that I've played for the past six years. Ghosts being the lowest but still better than the 360 version.

gotsomestars

PS4.

Its a better console, period.

Inb4 "console wars crap"

I have xb1 and ps4. PS4 is just better. The xb1 is a step up from last gen, the ps4 is a leap. I don't think the xb1 is "bad". But if it wasn't for titanfall mine wouldn't get used. Every multiplatform game I've played is much better on ps4.

iivrruummii

The PS4 and X1 will not be about graphics in 5 years so it doesn't matter now, what matters is how the games are played in 5 years.  Once MS nails this cloud computing scenario, I think that the X1 will be the bigger leap.  PS4 is better now, but the future is still unknown.

AlteredVista

I'm getting the game for Xbox 360. I don't feel the Xbox One is worth it.

TopFighter

The visuals are better on Xbox One than Xbox 360 - higher resolution with more details. It's more of a night and dawn difference right now rather than night and day, but there is a noticeable difference. Keep in mind next-gen consoles are still in their infancy. Looking back at games when the Xbox 360 was first released are laughable compared to some recent releases. Xbox One's visuals will only get better with time. However, always remember: Graphics < Gameplay.

The Xbox One will be almost a year old by the time Advanced Warfare launches. I would expect the population on the Xbox One to increase from when Ghosts released last year. Will it surpass the population on the Xbox 360? Probably not considering the Xbox 360 has been around nearly a decade.

Ghosts on the Xbox One averages 20,000 to 25,000 players during the busy hours of the day and I never have trouble finding matches, even in the wee hours of the night when the population drops to 5,000 to 10,000. I live on the west coast of the USA so my experience may differ from yours.

I'll be picking up my copy of Advanced Warfare for Xbox One. I'm excited!

ElBayi809

PS4

Lucent76

They got me with the special Xbox One console. I am a sucker for them and what they did with the AW console pressed all the right buttons for me. Now I just hope the games good but its secondary to the console for me. I had to choose Xbox one over PS4 anyway as I like Halo more than all of Sony's exclusives combined. I think the 360 version of AW will play just as well as the Ones but the Ones will look a bit better. I doubt there will be much noticeable difference between AW on the One and PS 4. I will leave that for the fan boys to waffle on about.

gramthenOOb

If you know for sure you'll be buying an XBone, you may as well buy it now and have it coincide with the new COD release. 

BLUEMAGICxx34

Thanks guys for all the insight and especially drewishfella that link was very helpful (wish I had found it sooner) and yea Lucent76 that's what I'm saying about the Xbox One special, it looks awesome and since I haven't upgraded yet it looks like a good time to do so. Thanks everyone!