8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2014 1:43 AM by Sliktrax RSS

Can I Ask Why ?

Sliktrax

Why is it a constant that people seem to camp permanently in one spot, they never move and if they should die they go back to the exact same spot and on top of that always use a thermal scope.

At one point it was so rediculous at how quick i was being taken out, i seriously thought people where cheating.

Until that was i changed up to a full rack of stealth perks with only one gun so i could use all of them, while it isnt a quick class i noticed it certainly changed up the play.

Finally going for 20 kills 6 deaths i thought this was quite an achievement, keep in mind this was against the same people that were dominating round for round and i was barely getting 1 kill and very near on 14 - 18 deaths per game (in yesterdays start of gaming 19/08/2014) Uk afternoon evening time.

But as per title topic why does this seem to be the key way to play, i dont hate on camping a spot say for 2 minutes get some kills move on, but perminantly never to move or even return and instantly start again.

What is this game we play today, where has the team work, skill fact gone.

Anyone can sit in a corner with team mates spotting the next closest vacinity corner for a whole game and lituraly make a killing, but what fun is that practicaly knowing your invincable and also notably while it must be pretty boring sat in the same spot perminantly imagine how annoying and tedious it is to play a game and be killed countless times by the same ass hat using the same gun at the same spot on every map.

Imagine how discouraged other players might be and despite its already blatent problems other gamers seem to add to it in what i deem a very unskill full game play.

Granted this is my opinion and im pretty sure theres 10 to every one man that supports this crazy way of playing.

• Re: Can I Ask Why ?

Camping is successful in ghosts. It's not much fun for anyone but it works in this game very well. The devs must have known this when they designed the game. Because of this many of my friends have stopped playing. Maybe they should design a game to discourage camping instead. Just a thought.

jnikoley

I like the campers in the game.  They are always in the exact same predictable spots on the maps, allowing me to run circles around the map, and flanking them from the side.  I'm already ADSing them and pre-firing exactly where I know they will be.  Bottom line, campers feed me kills, because I know the maps.  Did I die a lot to campers learning the maps?  Sure, but now the tables are turned.  So please, keep camping!

RayOldGuy

No way invincible. In fact, the stay in one place is their downfall. Once you get to know the maps you will know where these guys are going to be. I love hearing them complain "how did he know I was there?" in the death chat. Well, the answer is  "you almost always find a noob hiding in that corner".

phxs72

The real issue here is that you've let them win the psychological battle.  Sure there are those positions on certain maps that when held can make even a noob look great.  I think of the Jeeps on the corner of Pinkiees or Ginas when I say this.  That's why people gravitate towards  them.  What you need is an infallible answer to those spots.  That's why I run a frag a lot nowadays and I keep a class or two loaded with lethals and tacticals just in case one frag isn't enough.  I've gotten so good at cooking and tossing frags while completely behind cover that I can often ping somebody in the head and listen to their screams as it goes off a split second later.  Once you learn how to drop somebody without ever giving them the pleasure of seeing even a small portion of your body, you aren't going to care so much about where they hid or what attachment they are using.  And as you've seen, those guys have only one game plan and will come running back to the exact same spot all game.  All that you have to do is wait a couple of seconds and you can just keep killing them over and over and over again.  Eventually they will get so frustrated that they will jet out of the lobby.  The game offers a number of tools outside of your gun.  So learn how to use them well and those guys won't bother you so much anymore.

Sliktrax

I agree with your pointer on a psychological battle once i get to a certain point of pissed off << excuse the langauge...

And ill be the first to admitt i get overly irate and it does mess my game plan up (IE) concentration etc thought process meaning yes it go's to crap.

But as stated i have played COD games since way back when, and while yes i appreciate the heads up on use of other tools (it is a help) my real question was aimed at ..

Can i ask why they do it (hardcore camp that is) it just seems like a completely boring waste of time, as i said before imo its just a complete lack of skill and comms. This game really does have the potential for a GREAT TEAM game if played propperly, Its only other massive let down is the horrendous lag. With that said getting back on topic i have a class that works for me in most cases, that being....

Complete rack of stealth perks, 1 original marksman rifle, silencer & red dot, i find this to be the ultimate in terms of short period of stays for call outs, a couple of kills and move on. If your accurate and for the most i am its a rather quick and powerful weapon. On the odd occasion someone seems to be moving at a speed faster than that of "usain bolt" i may struggle to get the kill, but for the most i do well enough to be happy.

It lituraly was just a question to ask why do they do it ? 

And thanks for all your replies.

phxs72

My guess is that they don't know how to play any other way.  And I think that the reason that you see more of it in Ghosts then previous titles is that Ghosts has a disproportionate number of noobs and vets playing with hardly any players inbetween.  Noobs tend to camp and always have but we generally could count on a sizeable middle class of players to keep things moving.  Ghosts is lacking that middle class for the most part.  If you can remember far enough back to remember playing as a noob may be you camped or may be not but you probably remember just getting a kill was exciting.  So it's not hard to see why if it's working for them noobs camp so much.  Once they play long enough just getting the kill won't be enough and they will learn to move around as we all did.

jnikoley

Most campers camp simply because they have learned it is an easy way to get kills, without having to learn the maps.  That's all there is to it, really.  Ghosts is really not a camper friendly game, once you learn all the common camping spots.  That's what so many people don't get.

Some advice:  To learn the camper, be the camper.  Once you kill one, take his spot.  Ambush him when he tries to come back to it.  You'll learn the angles they are using against you.  Better yet, you'll really piss em off.  It's fun doing this with the mics turned on.  Personally, I don't have the patience to do this for long, but if a particular camper has been a real PITA, I'll kick him out of his spot, then take it over, and listen to their rage over chat when I kill them repeatedly trying to take it back.  It's quite satisfying...

Sliktrax

LOL yes that did make me chuckle i can actually imagine the rage, i know only to well what im like when i kick off when i see some stuff that i thinks way to funky to be true.

But yeah ill have to remember to give it ago thanks for the laugh have a good day :-)