29 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2014 8:13 AM by rankismet RSS

    HC we want every game modeS

    draftd

      this is next gen, stop screwing over the hardcore community.  It takes skill over here, you can't shoot through your teammate and sponge bullets we like friendly fire.  We like knowing that the fastest reflex and dead on aim is what it takes to win when running and gunning  It's called HARD for a reason, because it's harder to play than core.  We make up a small community but 4 game modes won't cut it.  Can we please get every mode. 

        • Re: HC we want every game modeS
          scotland-rules

          draftd wrote:

           

          this is next gen, stop screwing over the hardcore community.  It takes skill over here, you can't shoot through your teammate and sponge bullets we like friendly fire.  We like knowing that the fastest reflex and dead on aim is what it takes to win when running and gunning  It's called HARD for a reason, because it's harder to play than core.  We make up a small community but 4 game modes won't cut it.  Can we please get every mode.

           

          While I do agree with some parts of your post (You've made us sound over elitist which I don't like because we are a minority) we will never have all the game modes. It just won't happen because we don't have the players to support all game modes, I mean if we take the PS4 numbers for hardcore its pretty low and I understand next gen will be bigger this time as its been a year since release but even so not big enough to support 12 game modes or however many will be in CoD.

           

          Personally 6 game modes would be cool with a MOSHPIT that doesn't have the modes we get in our playlist.

           

          So say we get:

           

          HC TDM

          HC KC

          HC DOM

          HC S&D

          HC FFA

           

          We wouldn't see the above game modes in the moshpit. The moshpit would be like Hardpoint, that satellite throwing one, search and rescue etc.

            • Re: HC we want every game modeS
              draftd

              DDon't mean to sound elitist. Think of it like the nba millions of people play basketball every year but only 300 or so play pro in the nba. They are the minority. I feel personally it takes more skill to play hardcore but that is just my opinion. You do make a good point though that being a small community a large amount of modes would spread it out. But I want it all lol.

            • Re: HC we want every game modeS
              scotland-rules

              In an ideal world I'd like to have ALL game modes available for Hardcore but then again, I don't want to wait 15 minutes to find a game/lobby due to a low player cou

                • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                  iivrruummii

                  Maybe they will do HC TDM/KC and other kill based gamemodes in one playlist.  The new "assault" gamemode, CTF, Dom in a playlist.  SND in a playlist by itself.  And Hardpoint and other new gamemodes in this playlist.

                  4 playlists-all gamemodes.

                    • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                      scotland-rules

                      iivrruummii wrote:

                       

                      Maybe they will do HC TDM/KC and other kill based gamemodes in one playlist.  The new "assault" gamemode, CTF, Dom in a playlist.  SND in a playlist by itself.  And Hardpoint and other new gamemodes in this playlist.

                      4 playlists-all gamemodes.

                       

                      While this prospect doesn't bother me I know combining HC TDM/KC will possibly damage the HC audience because while the differences between the modes are small its like core TDM is the biggest played game mode out of the entire game and HC TDM is the biggest HC game mode and combining the two might put a lot of people off, just as if combined core TDM and core KC.

                       

                      I'm just hoping for more than 4 gamemodes for HC. I mean in Ghosts HC never even got a sniff at the new game modes they introduced other than HC S&R which in my own opinion kind of fails on HC unless you're playing as a team.

                      • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                        biron_w

                        I hope they don't combine TDM & KC. HC KC is my most played mode. However I don't really like TeDiuM because I find it to be quite boring.

                         

                        As for the OP - we won't get all modes because HC generally has about 1/3 of the numbers as Core does.

                        The modes that scotland-rules are fine. Plus even in Core a lot of the game modes only have a few hundred people playing. What's the point in adding them to HC?

                    • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                      thebiindsniper

                      The reason why there are not as many HC modes over Core is due to player population.  Core players usually outnumber Hardcore players, so there would be no point to support more Hardcore modes when the playlists are going to be nearly empty.  Instead of making every HC game mode, the devs stick with the most popular modes to get the hardcore treatment, like TDM, Kill Confirmed, Search and Destroy, and more.

                       

                      ~RUGGED SAVIOR

                      • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                        DeviousC0DY

                        It has been a bit since I played ghosts, but in core when someone stood in front of my line of fire. My bullets did not go through them. They just stopped.

                         

                        As for fastest reflex and dead on aim. The games ttk is ridiculous in ghosts, and most of those that win seem to have the better ping/latency.

                         

                        Hardcore is fun, but quit acting like it is ten skill levels up from core. They are equals.

                          • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                            Bielsalmighty

                            Well said. I've played a lot of both and agree fully. They reward different abilities.

                            • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                              scotland-rules

                              DeviousC0DY wrote:

                               

                              It has been a bit since I played ghosts, but in core when someone stood in front of my line of fire. My bullets did not go through them. They just stopped.

                               

                              As for fastest reflex and dead on aim. The games ttk is ridiculous in ghosts, and most of those that win seem to have the better ping/latency.

                               

                              Hardcore is fun, but quit acting like it is ten skill levels up from core. They are equals.

                              Perhaps in Ghosts it has changed. However in previous CoDs your bullets could go through your teammates and the ttk in ghosts has changed, but again only in this Ghosts.

                            • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                              iHattoriHanzo0

                              I'm not an exclusive HC player but I appreciate the aspects of what makes HC.........hard core. I find it a cool alternative for certain challenges and change of pace.

                               

                              Saying that I do find HC to be an alternative to the actual multiplayer and its been treated like that ever since it was an option. The devs know the game modes that warrant a place in the playlists due to player count.

                               

                              I used to like Sabotage, but it didn't have enough players to earn a place in the line up. So be it.

                               

                              I do think you have a very good point with the "New or Next Generation" statement. When I thought about what would improve with the new consoles, I thought more maps, more playlists, and better graphics. Instead it looks like they chose to keep the same maps and playlists and just improve the graphics and details that take up an unbelievable amount of memory space.

                                • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                  iHattoriHanzo0

                                  3cb701bf0dd17745c5f437ddd6c3b850 wrote:

                                   

                                  I do think you have a very good point with the "New or Next Generation" statement. When I thought about what would improve with the new consoles, I thought more maps, more playlists, and better graphics. Instead it looks like they chose to keep the same maps and playlists and just improve the graphics and details that take up an unbelievable amount of memory space.

                                   

                                  The more I think about this............. the new gen versions of the game need to offer more choice from a content point of view. This is the only way the players that don't want to upgrade will have incentive to do so. So from a marketing standpoint, more maps and more playlists should be included in the new gen games.

                                    • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                      scotland-rules

                                      I mean next gen can handle more. Its really the Devs who don't want to have the extra options available to us.

                                      • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                        DeviousC0DY

                                        If the games are ALL peer to peer, you have a very valid point.

                                         

                                        But then there has to be enough players in your area of quality connection to pull it off. I would hate them to give the players what they want in all gamemodes then only be a few 100/1000 players across the whole country/ies.

                                         

                                        They should give extra incentive outside of small things like a player card. But then, if you do that you will have people ruining games by just showing up or boosting until they get the reward.

                                         

                                        It is a hard thing to balance.

                                          • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                            rankismet

                                            DeviousC0DY wrote:

                                             

                                            If the games are ALL peer to peer, you have a very valid point.

                                             

                                            No games in COD are P2P.

                                             

                                            COD runs on listen servers.

                                             

                                            You're welcome.

                                              • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                                DeviousC0DY

                                                I am going to disagree, just because I have seen and done dash boarding on xbox one to kill a game on ghosts.

                                                 

                                                Most games are not on listen servers, if there were you would not see so many games drop out. Now league might be different.

                                                  • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                                    rankismet

                                                    DeviousC0DY wrote:

                                                     

                                                    I am going to disagree, just because I have seen and done dash boarding on xbox one to kill a game on ghosts.

                                                     

                                                    Most games are not on listen servers, if there were you would not see so many games drop out. Now league might be different.

                                                     

                                                    If you killed a game on X1 you were the host... your console was the listen server.

                                                     

                                                    With Ghosts... you are on either a dedi or a listen server.

                                                     

                                                    COD to date...

                                                    ... does not...

                                                    ... use P2P architecture.

                                                      • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                                        iHattoriHanzo0

                                                        rankismet wrote:

                                                         

                                                        If you killed a game on X1 you were the host... your console was the listen server.

                                                         

                                                        With Ghosts... you are on either a dedi or a listen server.

                                                         

                                                        Can you answer................ if you were host on the One and rage quit, would there be any visual before you left that signified you were host? For example, in BO2, if I lost my cool and left, I ALWAYS saw "hosts migrating" on my way out.

                                                         

                                                        Overall, I can't complain about Ghosts AT ALL when it comes to "hosts migrating", I can honestly count the number of times on 1 hand and thats 14.5 days between the 360 and One. There have been times where the entire lobby has lost connection and been booted out to the lobby. Granted I'm in NYC so its a heavily populated region all hours of the day.

                                                          • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                                            rankismet

                                                            iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

                                                             

                                                            rankismet wrote:

                                                             

                                                            If you killed a game on X1 you were the host... your console was the listen server.

                                                             

                                                            With Ghosts... you are on either a dedi or a listen server.

                                                             

                                                            Can you answer................ if you were host on the One and rage quit, would there be any visual before you left that signified you were host? For example, in BO2, if I lost my cool and left, I ALWAYS saw "hosts migrating" on my way out.

                                                             

                                                            Overall, I can't complain about Ghosts AT ALL when it comes to "hosts migrating", I can honestly count the number of times on 1 hand and thats 14.5 days between the 360 and One. There have been times where the entire lobby has lost connection and been booted out to the lobby. Granted I'm in NYC so its a heavily populated region all hours of the day.

                                                             

                                                            It will say "Migrating Host" for s few seconds before you leave.

                                              • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                                nicedrewishfela

                                                They need to include more modes, the HC Community is larger than most think, and very dedicated.

                                                • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                                  iHattoriHanzo0

                                                  I'm sure Activision or the devs have extensive data on what game modes warrant a place in the list. But why not.......... have a HC version of every mode that is offered for Core. See how the population is and then determine which modes need to be removed, if any.

                                                   

                                                  And then when the players that loved HC Hardpoint and played it exclusively have it removed, SHGames can tell them its because there weren't enough players in it. Heres the proof. Then they can return the reply by saying but I loved it, it played great, now I'm trading it in because thats the only mode I enjoyed!

                                                   

                                                  Ok..... maybe not such a good idea.

                                                  • Re: HC we want every game modeS
                                                    VenserTheExiled

                                                    I agree and disagree on some stuff, it takes a lot more situational awareness to kill multiple people while not getting a single bullet on you in HC. As a dedicated HC player (started out playing Core for at least the first 8 months of my CoD life) I don't find the need to play much else other than TDM KC Dom and SnR / D. CTF would be cool, but I play HC KC 98% of the time. it is by far the most balanced in HC considering you have to move to win, unlike TDM you can just camp and win. Ghosts HC is pretty terrible compared to any other CoD HC, but it would have been nice to try the new game modes they released on HC just to test the waters. I play mostly BO2 HC KC and i average 50 kills per game, my K/D is only a 2.95 in HC KC, but it's going up and up. I will say I have reset from max prestige in BO2 7 times now, and am on my 8th cycle as I type this. I am a solo player 80% of the time in Pub games, frankly I am really really disappointed that no youtubers are dedicated to HC that have 400k+ subs, id do it if i had any sort of means to afford a recording device. HC takes a lot of dedication and changing up of classes and the way they are set up, If we could get the majority of Core modes in HC I think that we would still see TDM and KC among the highest populations. I would like to also add that I find it hilarious that any MLG QSer can't survive in HC games and come out on top with 70+ kills even in a pub game. it definitely takes more dedication to be a great player in HC.

                                                     

                                                    I want to see how HC will play out in AW with Exo suits and without. My biggest curiosity about non-exo suit matches is how are we going to access even 60% of the map? it seems like so far they are all designed for Exo suit play, so if we get stuck in Exo maps without Exo abilities is it even going to be a good experience?