0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 1:19 PM by mintr0n RSS

Stupid to criticize camping in Domination

mintr0n

One of the responsibilities in Domination is to hold objectives, and the way to hold objectives is to position yourself so you can DEFEND the objectives. So why are there still ignorant people out there that get pissed when you do that?

• Re: Stupid to criticize camping in Domination
          WilliamCL57

Depends on where the camping occurs, but yes camping is always suggestive. I get called a camper when I conceal myself to let health regen for instance. I do the same if I see 2+ people en-route to a specific location. I setup and wait for them. It's the same if I'm expecting an enemy to flank based on me getting hitmarkers and then he doesn't push me again for a few seconds. Playing tactically vs camping is often hard for people to accept. Sitting in a corner in TDM with IEDs cutting off routes.. well that's camping.

bonger

Agreed. I've experienced all those things too. Plus I'm not that good to run and gun so I tend to play Domination and I will usually try and pick a flag to defend. I don't sit in the sams spot, I patrol, I listen, I respond. But if I kill someone,for example, inside a room, I know 90 % of the time he'll repeat so why not wait for him. Chances are he may come back again, so in this instance, yes I may wait for him. Not in the Exact same spot but nearby. Is this Camping? I don't think so. Besides if you repeat and die 2 or 3 times from the likes of me... you deserve it.lol. But really, in Dom., if I patrol a certain 'grid' of the map and get several kills from it, that ain't camping It's defense like someone said.

I set up an account for just camping as a test. I set up load-outs with IEDs, LMGs with thermals and perks for camping. That account is currently sitting with over a 2.7 k/d and a 7.+ w/l. Not too bad for simply camping. Ghosts is made for campers, more than the past cods. It just works. But then I only play TDM and would not do that in objective based modes. I do agree though that if your defending your objective, that is not really camping.

DocChoi

Sure buddy. Pics or its not real. Because on your real account, you're a below average average player with 500+ hours played. I would post a screengrab from my phone, but you'll probably report me.

Be glad to. Your not looking at the right account. Now what's the easiest way to post that?

So you trying to say it's not easy to camp in ghosts and have a good k/d? If your not a camper, then what's your k/d w/l? Just an approximation will do. Should be interesting to compare.

Maybe you, shadow and real sux want to place a non-monetary bet on it. You guys post that your very sorry you ever doubted me if I win. I'll post showing at least a 2.5 k/d and 6.5 + w/l.

Sliktrax

When i started playing from the get go, on XB 360 i would use marksman rifle the first unlocked when choosing character, i would attach silencer and red dot, i never used IED or secondary for (EG) flash i had no pistol so that i could use all stealth perks.

I did not camp at least not in the hardcore sence, i may stop spot for a few, call out and maybe kill a couple then move on...

I had my K/D bang on a 3.00 K/D not sure of the win loss never cared to look at that to much my accuracy was somewhere between 14 and 20, it fluctuated dependant on skill speed of enemys and ofcourse my tracking skills.

Since moving to XB1 when it was still relitively new out it started of really well infact i would go as far as to say, probably some of the most accurate none laggy games i had ever played that probably lasted 3 days at most before something changed and it decreased rapidly im now sat at somewhere in the region of 1.54 possibly less and barely clinging on to it.

Gamer tag - PGCD Durand - XB1 feel free to look me up i could always do with getting on board with a squad or team that sports a challanging way of playing tactically etc. be it a slow advance with call outs kills etc or run and gun type with call outs, also would just be nice to be in a team i care not how good you are or bad.

Together i am sure we can get better and reward ourselves with good games taking the rough with the smooth, feel free to add me.

DocChoi

3.19 KDR and 7.2 W/L

And there are guys on the forum that know I don't camp.

oRLsx317o

To be fair to him, it really isn't hard to pad KD in this game so, although he's probably only played a small number of games (being a new account), I couldn't just automatically assume that he's lying...especially as I don't know him.

I started playing CoD in Nov 13 with MW3, and as you might assume I didn't do too well. My KD there currently sits at around 1.2, with something like a 17.5% accuracy LOL, after grinding out around 40k kills, and I never earned a MOAB. A month later, my pre-ordered PS4 arrived and I started playing Ghosts, where I started out breaking even at best in most games. However it didn't take me too long to get comfortable with the game, and after 20k kills my most used weapon was the USR (sniping was fantastic in this game before the nerfs, harder than MW3 but perfectly balanced), because that provided the most fun for me. I have some randomly saved screenshots for some reason (I think my friend wanted to see how I was doing in comparison to his own progress on X360 Ghosts), but one shows that after 134 hours played and at 10th prestige I was up to 1.73KD with my USR, though after the nerf the MTAR soon took over, and by 212 hours played I was up to 1.92KD. Another shows that it took me 253 hours of playtime to reach 2KD (I had just joined a clan at the time, so I was playing in a party half of the time), with the R5 as my most used weapon. I was pretty happy with my progress at this time.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, and before resetting my stats I was at 2.2. Now sat at 293 hours played, I'm at 3.85, though of course not a huge amount of time has been spent on there, so it doesn't say much. However, I have had another account for several months now (initially intended as a race to 10th prestige account via Cranked, but that's dead so it's now just my warm up/solo TDM account for use outside of Clan Wars), and after 13k kills/60 hours played I'm at 3.34KD and it's mostly fluctuating between 3.3 and 3.35.

Now I know full well that KD isn't an absolute statement about someone's skill level, and it means nothing to me against having fun. For this reason (and I'm sure you already know this Doc, having seen many of my old posts ), I absolutely never camp and never stop moving, and the main reason I get so frustrated with this game is the mass camping in seemingly every lobby (closely followed by lunge knifing, OMG the rage )

So, after writing such a seemingly pointless essay, I can say with certainty that Ape could well be telling the truth, but that's just an assumption. I know you know that you don't need to camp to end up with good stats anyway, because of your own. If I'm looking at the right profile on the Ghosts app, aren't you at 3.2 now? Yeah to be honest, I don't think I've seen Honey Badger camping and yet a stupid high WL ratio like that too often

DocChoi

Well, its technically 3.195... the game doesn't round up until the next thousandth unit. Yup, that's the correct profile. Except as you can see, I'm now a free agent as our clan disbanded until AW.

I thought about resetting my stats, but ended up deciding against it as there was no way in hell I would reach 10th before AW comes out as there's too many games coming out and life in general that will take me away from Ghosts. All I know is everyone that did now runs with crazy K/D and W/L but looks odd to see some guy with only 50 games played but 15 days gametime

oRLsx317o

Yeah I noticed that it's never exact, unless you have a look in game. Disbanded? You guys bored of wars already? Bet you're getting spammed with invites now lol

Haha yeah I was partied with some clan mates just after I reset, and they were sparked up over seeing 12 days play time and just a couple of games played, they had no idea what was going on

DocChoi

Bored of clan wars and completed Warcry. Have no interest in unlocking emblems that I will never use and find playing clan wars often results in half completed games where entire lobbies leave because of the way clan wars is scored. Invites are plentiful; but the guys I typically play with at night are a mixed bunch from different clans, so I'm more of a mercenary now and it's kinda nice because our clan before was 30 players and now I have maybe less than 10 players I would party up with. A lot more manageable now and it's nice to consistently play with the same players over time.

jnikoley

Too bad about the clan loosing interest in CW.  I left the Clan like you did, but I still play CW.  Personally, I don't care about the unlocks, I have them all now, but plan to continue in CW with some of our old clanmates.  We all plan to re-join the old clan for AW. I hope we can team up for that.  In the meantime, you know where to find me.

BTW, anyone who doubts it, Doc is one of the best players you will run into. His kd doesn't speak for his level of play. Pray you don't find yourself on the other side.

DocChoi

jnikoley you're gonna make people try to find me on the Playstation lobbies now. Anyway, skill wise I would say I'm above average. I would say after playing CoD for 5 years, I will say I'm a very smart player who takes the time to understand how the game works. It seems like most of our clan consists of players of that nature. Smartest bunch of guys I have had the pleasure of playing Call of Duty with.

I only have had a handful of KEMs so some may say getting 100s of KEMs is a mark of a good player.

I will say this, playing with Contra Fire improved my game tons as before joining as you guys helped me improve just by seeing how the others play. And K/D means nothing in the long run. I have seen players like yourself, gambit1969Izjar11 ghamorra TWALL4ALL2 phxs72 Run_N_Gunning_Camper , Faith (I'm sure I'm missing some guys, these are all just off the top of my head) go on crazy tears and carry the party when some of us are having off games. But when we're all on our game, I would say we're a pretty formidable team. I will be back for AW, Destiny, GTA and any other games you guys decide to roam in. This will probably be my last week of Ghosts for a bit as Madden comes out next week and Destiny not too long after.

oRLsx317o

Yeah good one jnikoley, he's gonna get session joined all day long now, and endless "1v1 me no scopes radar on" challenges now -_- haha

No way are KEM counts a mark of skill. I'd rate PWNSTARZdotCOM's KEM count of nearly 600 as legit because he never uses support, doesn't play Dom and doesn't spawn trap like certain clans or groups out there, and his aim and awareness are probably the best I've seen in any CoD. He can KEM in TDM, FFA or Cranked, solo, loud or suppressed guns, sniping, using a Bulldog or Chainsaw, not using Focus, or even deliberately handicapping himself (like when he restricted himself to eSports rules in pubs to make his KEM goals during live streams more entertaining). There could be a few other well-known players out there that are similar. But how many players have approaching (or even more than) 1000 KEMs just trapping players in one spawn point, spraying an LMG at one spot and knowing someone will respawn there? Far too many.

I only got my 20th last night but I rarely stray from TDM playing solo most of the time, and I like to choke most 20+ streaks it would seem I clearly don't have enough experience or composure yet, but perhaps that's to be expected as a CoD/FPS newbie?

I know exactly what you mean though. My clan never fail to pull me through if I'm struggling (I'm mostly put in American lobbies with them, so I can find myself on the wrong side of some tough connections), and sometimes I can help in exactly the same way, so there's rarely ever the same "in form" guys doing the same every game. It's great to be in a group like that, all with different strengths (they always have to carry me in SnD for example, because I'm hopeless at it), and when we're all on our "A game" it's game over.

phxs72

The mark of a great team is not always having to be the top dog individually but always being able to be the top dog when needed.  One of the many benefits of our different styles is that whenever someone finds a way to shut one of us down, it just plays into the style of another one of us and that guy has a big game.  This hydra has so many heads that shutting it down just isn't likely to happen.

Shadowelite555

K/D: 2.006

W/L: 1.580

starbuckfrack

FavoriteApe3680 wrote:

I'll post showing at least a 2.5 k/d and 6.5 + w/l.

I could show a gamertag with a 11.0 KD doesnt mean its mine.

Your Gamertag I saw shows a  .71 . I could show it again but of course you will report me.

Shadowelite555

Depends on how you are defending it. If you are patrolling and holding off an area, thats just called defense. But if you are in a corner, with an IED, and you never move from it, thats camping. Why do people criticize? Because its a cheap way to die.

oRLsx317o

Depends on how you define "camping".

If you're holding two flags and the enemy team are making pushes towards one of them, floating around the areas in between flags is just fine, of course. You always need someone to "anchor" somewhat in this game, considering the rage-inducing spawns, and if your teammates are pushing certain areas of the map, play smart and protect your flags.

If your team holds one flag, and you decide to sit in your spawn refusing to help cap (or cover your team while they cap) a flag, you're an idiot and you probably deserve the inevitable spawn trap that follows.

If you actually "camp" - as far too many people do in objective game modes - and sit in a corner of a building away from the action in an attempt to pad your KD and/or earn streaks, ignoring the objective and not even defending a flag, while most likely using IEDs and a thermal M27, you're a scrub and need to sell your game. Too many of these types in the game already.

Of course, by you/your/you're, I mean "anyone" and not you specifically lol

Dumbass78

I find DOM the easiest game mode to spawn camp in - if Enemy holds A and your team is happy with B & C then you know where the enemy will be coming from - is it camping to take up a position and snipe or can that be called offence?

DocChoi

You should have a problem with camping in Domination when the whole team is doing it. During clan wars, we encounter lots of players that completely ignore flags and just camp for kills. Like we'd be up by 50 points with two or three points held and these guys still don't try to capture anything. Any playstyle is a problem when it negatively affects a team. This is the same thing as the running headless chicken in TDM where they go 8-25 and the corner spawn camper that does not move and finished 3-0. Those types of players often put your team at a disadvantage because of their selfish playstyles.

Im_Old_School

You think THAT'S stupid, I was playing Drop Zone two nights ago, racked up 3800 points, went 9-13 and, after the game was over, got accused of camping and not getting any care packages...by one my own team mates.  He went 41-6 with 300 some odd points so what does that tell ya.  

Mind blown....

PatMoran

Its stupid to call out someone whos sitting in an irrelevant corner doing nothing for his team? Wow, how dumb I must be LOL.