6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2014 5:51 AM by xN3LSON RSS

PS4 esport?

MOUSTIXPLCT

i never heard about esport for ps4 players. does it exist?

• Re: PS4 esport?
          MOUSTIXPLCT

i mean cod esport

LVLikeG

You can play competitively on the PS4 through websites like gamebattles.  I'm not sure if that's what you mean by esports. If you are referring to the big LAN events like MLG and UMG, then those are played on the Xbox One.  Those large CoD events were played on the PS3 back in Black Ops 1 and MW2 (to a lesser extent) so it is possible that future CoD LAN events may be played on the PS4, but I believe Advanced Warfare LAN events will be mostly held on the Xbox One

iivrruummii

I am thinking that Xbox will have COD and PS will have Destiny(if it goes into esports).  If not then COD will probably be on the PS4 if Halo 5 is any good for esports.

2014-2015

AW-X1

Destiny-PS4(maybe)

2015-2016

COD2015-PS4

Halo 5-X1

OR

COD2015-X1

Halo 5-X1

Destiny-PS4

Just speculation so don't take it as facts.

MOUSTIXPLCT

yeah i was thinking about big events. thanks for your answers

BryanNnned

you can play ps3/ps4 on MLG GBs or UMG but the major LAN tournaments are on xbox

Major LAN events: Cod champs, MLG, Gfinity, UMG, X Games (not sure if it there's any for AW), ESWC

xN3LSON

LAN Events will be held on Xbox for as long as the Pro players play on that console.

90% or more top players play on the Xbox, so MLG etc.. will continue to support that console. The Playstation eSport community just isn't big enough.