cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sekiro - Can't move the character

Activision Support

Highlighted

Hi.

I'm having a very weird problem that is preventing me from playing the game and I'm trying everything I can to fix with no success. Refund will be my last resort.

So, I bought Sekiro on Steam and everything went fine. Installed the game, opened the game and started. As soon as the gameplay starts, I can't move the character, only rotate him. The camera controls work, all buttons work, everything on the menu worked fine. But the character doens't walk or move, just changes the direction he's facing. So I thought it was from my Switch Pro Controller, even thought it always worked flawlessly. Disconnected, restarted and tried to use mouse and keyboard. Same problem. Now, I searched everywhere on the web for fixes, tried everything with my controller and keyboard and can't fix it. Nobody seems to have the same problem, everyone just complains about their controllers not being detected or not working but mine is and I "just" can't move the character. I would like this problem to be fixed because I really want to play the game but if this keeps on, I must refund because I can't drop 60 euros and not play the game or wait weeks or months for the problem to be fixed.

Batteriah
6 REPLIES 6

Hi ! Try to change the location of your game. I had the same problem as you and I remove the location of the game to an other hardisk ( F: to ESmiley Happy and it works succesfully ! Sorry for my bad english, I hope this will help you ! Take care !

tanugii

Hey did you get it working? Mine has the same issue :/

NRz_x_StreakzZ

Hey there, 

You are having the same issue with neither controller or mouse & keyboard responding in-game? I take it you can go through the main menu but then once you get in-game it no longer responds? Have you tried any basic troubleshooting for that like the original poster had mentioned? 

-Sean 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

Can you provide tips on HOW to troubleshoot? I seem to be facing exactly what you described in your post and the only other accessories connected to my CPU is the printer and nothing else. 

Like i can rotate my character using WASD and mouse works fine and pressing X also allows the quick select item to get highlighted(since its empty at the beginning there is nothing to use) but the empty sound etc comes and also pressing escape makes a noise like to show invalid key pressed.

mrikh

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Did you already try to check keybindings as well in the settings to make sure there isn't any kind of issue with those not being set? Also, do you have a controller you can try to use to see if that is also having issues? Should help show whether or not it is the keyboard, the setting, or something with the game. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

Try to open the file locations and right click the exe and troubleshooting compability

GentelmantsClay
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer