Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?

Hey guys, it has been awhile huh? Haven't been on the forums alot- what with school and all.

Anyway, did anyone see the new CoD trailer yet? The game is called Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Check it out- http://www.gamespot.com/articles/update-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer-officially-released/11...

Honestly...i think it looks pretty darn good. The Black Ops 2 trailer was as good- and i liked it. Maybe this will be the game that'll save CoD...do you guys think it will be for Wii U? Im really hoping it will be.

Level 14
62 REPLIES

Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?

in reply to BlackMetroid95

BlackMetroid95 wrote:

Maybe this will be the game that'll save CoD

It will be if treyarch can do a good port and get off the gamepad main controller issue and balance the controllers well. Otherwise all the non Mario fans might as well buy it for xbone/PS4..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

The controllers are as balanced as they've ever been. Perfect? No. There's always room for improvement. And it pisses me off when people talk like "There's only room for this control style cuz it's the best and what this (the game or the Wii U system) is meant for. If you don't use like it or use it, you should get lost." It's very stupid. Each control style has it's advantages and disadvantages to each other.

And as far as a "main" controller, the GamePad IS the primary controller for the Wii U. You may not like it, but it's true. It's the controller that comes with the system, is pretty much necessary for its use, and is the new idea that Nintendo has put forth and is trying to make their money off of. The Wii's primary controller was the Wii remote, and the Wii U's is the Wii U GamePad, which are their actual names. They are both "main" controllers, and since they are both present in this game as they are, they should be equal. No more, no less. And it's getting there.

Level 18

in reply to the1andonlyIKY

Well I'm sorry it pee's you off so much, but after all, there is a large number of us that bought this console because of these games and the fact that it is wiimote compatible, plus a couple of surveys in this forum showed that there is more wiimoters than gamepad/DA users for fps games, and that's my point. I know the gamepad is the consoles prime controller, but for CoD on the WiiU its still the wiimote that holds the majority. All I want is more stability, better frame rate and less recoil that the DA controller has. I really don't care who users what, but those are the balancing issues I want, and know for a fact we haven't got those, and no, AA is not an issue for me in this title, I'm not talking about that..

Level 21

I'd love to say I'm certain about this reply, but the fact is I am not because I haven't tested it yet. So here is my theory. (P.S. If you would care to help me test it someday soon, that would be greatly appreciated. When I do, I am going to record it. And then probably post it on here).

Anyway, the theory:

The recoil is the same, regardless of control types. It differs based on the gun/attachments and that is it. It still is an Aim Assist thing. I feel that sometimes we forget and assume it relatively only pulls right or left, and that's because that's what we feel in the vast majority of situations where it applies. Reality is, it pulls in all directions, including down when a gun is kicking up (recoil). Most die-hard Wiimoters I talk to, including yourself and others on this forum, say that it is extremely easy to break the "Aim Assist lock" with the 'mote due to natural hand movements. And there is where we have the difference that has gotten you so convinced that the recoil is higher.

I just vote remove the Aim Assist altogether. It could be just for our versions of CoD, and that wouldn't bother me either. Cuz it's all a vicious cycle when it's there. And there wouldn't be separate recoil coding for control styles. There's coding for the guns and how they work.

Level 18

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

I'd love to say I'm certain about this reply, but the fact is I am not because I haven't tested it yet. So here is my theory. (P.S. If you would care to help me test it someday soon, that would be greatly appreciated. When I do, I am going to record it. And then probably post it on here).

Anyway, the theory:

The recoil is the same, regardless of control types. It differs based on the gun/attachments and that is it. It still is an Aim Assist thing. I feel that sometimes we forget and assume it relatively only pulls right or left, and that's because that's what we feel in the vast majority of situations where it applies. Reality is, it pulls in all directions, including down when a gun is kicking up (recoil). Most die-hard Wiimoters I talk to, including yourself and others on this forum, say that it is extremely easy to break the "Aim Assist lock" with the 'mote due to natural hand movements. And there is where we have the difference that has gotten you so convinced that the recoil is higher.

I just vote remove the Aim Assist altogether. It could be just for our versions of CoD, and that wouldn't bother me either. Cuz it's all a vicious cycle when it's there. And there wouldn't be separate recoil coding for control styles. There's coding for the guns and how they work.

My son has tested it and he's a gamepad user. He says the recoil is non existent on the gamepad, and I never use aim assist. Believe it if you want, but that's the truth..

Level 21

Are you saying you'd object to a recorded test? It would then certainly give an answer, and hopefully put this topic to rest, wouldn't it?

Level 18

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

Are you saying you'd object to a recorded test? It would then certainly give an answer, and hopefully put this topic to rest, wouldn't it?

Don't you have a wiimote? I thought you used both, maybe I'm wrong, I thought you had both, if you do you can make a video by yourself?

Level 21

Yes. Most of it. For the second part I'd like to add Aim Assist into the equation. Which means, I'd need at least one more person besides myself.

Level 18

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

Yes. Most of it. For the second part I'd like to add Aim Assist into the equation. Which means, I'd need at least one more person besides myself.

In that case I'm cool with that, a week day would be good, would have to be early for you though, but those times I'm most likely playing solo

Level 21

Studios