Destructible Environments/Dynamic Weather

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Destructible Environments/Dynamic Weather

We will soon be heading into the 2nd year of next gen consoles,isn't it time we have seen real destructible environments/dynamic weather? I mean not like what we got in ghosts i mean real buildings collapse/bits blown apart etc.The same with weather,have it change during the match or go from day/night.Now i don't know if the old engine can handle these changes for next gen,i am not very good at that kind of thing,so if anyone knows if they might need to make a new engine for next gen consoles for this to work?

_Guest_
29 REPLIES

Re: Destructible Environments/Dynamic Weather

in reply to _Guest_

_Guest_ wrote:

We will soon be heading into the 2nd year of next gen consoles,isn't it time we have seen real destructible environments/dynamic weather? I mean not like what we got in ghosts i mean real buildings collapse/bits blown apart etc.The same with weather,have it change during the match or go from day/night.Now i don't know if the old engine can handle these changes for next gen,i am not very good at that kind of thing,so if anyone knows if they might need to make a new engine for next gen consoles for this to work?

I think they will have some dynamic elements for the game, how much of it? well its hard to say, but the way the game is headed its a sure thing.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

in reply to _Guest_

You been reading my posts? lol

No, I have suggested this numerous times, I think fully dynamic maps with time of day and random weather should be the goal for future titles.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

in reply to _Guest_

Haha yea its always been suggested and it has always bothered me that it was never properly introduced.Can you imagine 3-4 campers holding a building and you just blow it apart killing or exposing them or on a tropical/mountain map there could be landslides etc.Oh how i would love to be a developer.

_Guest_

in reply to _Guest_

The way I see it..a Map should never look the same at the end of the match as it did at the beginning of the match.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

in reply to _Guest_

Are you asking are they making a new engine, then yes.

Dynamic environments exist atm, subtle but they are experimenting with them. For example, on Storm front, The rain during the match changes from a drizzle, to a down pour, then a spring shower and finally back to light rain. This weather pattern happens several times during the match as does the associated sound of the various rain events

BanHaMMer2

in reply to _Guest_

Destructible environments aren't a big deal to me...

... but I really want dynamic weather and dynamic time of day.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I could care less for either, but if they do implement it make it mean something. The "dynamic" elements in Ghosts are a joke. The only real map in Ghosts were a "dynamic" effect screws w the game is Containment. Once the bridge is gone, it changes the way the map plays on that section of the map.  Don't add them just to say we have them. Dynamic elements should affect what you do in the game.

PUR4IDO

in reply to _Guest_

Funny, there are those who support destructible environments but say that my idea of procedurally generated maps would cause lag. I don't see how the two are any different.

I support stuff like this so long as the destructible environment isn't something that's too over the top. Blowing out doors and walls are cool, knocking over signs, walls, and towers is fine so long as it's not guaranteed 5 kills. I'm perfectly ok with things that need switched so long as it's not permanent. There's so many cool things you can do but they can all be overdone.

Ghamorra Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Yea i don't understand how lag is caused from destroying a building?I never played BF but that has destructible environments,if anyone has played that game is there lag when that happens?NDF AND PUR4IDO have good points though.If i rpg a house it should blow part of it away and not just some different elements in the game that are predetermined like in ghosts.

_Guest_

Studios