HC Team Killing

SOLVED

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Re: HC Team Killing

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

You don't design a game around the worst element.

I have played HC in every CoD with Online MP. I have found that the majority of players in HC aren't trolls, they don't want to TK. They want to play the game how it is meant to be played. I had my share of bad experiences, but overall I found that most HC players TK on accident. Every time I TK I apologize, and I find most players do the same. Trolls get bored quick and leave.

Hardcore with ricochet really isn't hardcore. It leads to more selfish play. Players stop paying attention to where they are going. They are careless with equipment and scorestreaks. It isn't how Hardcore is meant to be played. Part of Hardcore is weapon control. Part of Hardcore is awareness. Part of Hardcore is knowing what setups to use and what to avoid.

FF on is Hardcore. It adds strategy and tactics that Ricochet removes. Done right it makes HC a better experience. 3 TKs and you are out. Increased Spawn In time after each TK, as a punishment discourages players from TKing... nobody wants to sit around.

HC players have been made Greedier by the Ricochet system. They no longer have to Think or communicate. I have seen so many players just running around cluelessly in HC, putting themselves and their teammates at risk. Why? Because there is no penalty to them. Their teammates pay the price. In Core, you can be careless and shoot through teammates. HC adds the element of putting your teammates' lives in your hands as well as having the awareness to protect your own.

Honestly, Ricochet was the product of unaware players being upset at getting TK'd and whinging about it. They didn't want to take any responsibility for their actions or have to be aware of their surroundings, and sadly IW caved and we've been stuck with it since. It's great that SledgeHammer recognizes what made Hard Core great in this series and has finally listened to the dedicated HC players and gone back to it's roots.

I have adapted to Ricochet. I do fine with it and I rarely have any issues... but then I credit that to having had FF on in earlier titles where I learned that discipline.

I am so glad it is back, and I am sure other HC players are as well.

Is it confirmed its back?

I believe in everything you just said and in an idea world I would accepted exactly what you've said. However I too have played every CoD on HC and I still believe in what I said, the damage is done and the newer HC players only know a game with Ricochet, so when Black Ops 2 came around they only knew they could punish themselves and thus it lead to having KS dropped on me because I was near two enemies or grenades go through windows because they 'hear' someone and think 'oh must be an enemy''

Point is I don't think TK is fair and I shouldn't have my experience ruined by someone's accident. Ricochet offers the ability for someone to take responsibility for a mistake they have made. I personally don't want to kill anyone on my team and I am glad in few instances I have been done for friendly fire that I paid the price and not them.

Its simple fair logic. You do something to harm me and you pay the price.

I think its something we'll have to agree to disagree on.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

Absolutely, glad we can discuss it like adults.

I honestly am fine with either... but greatly prefer FF. I just think it steps the experience up a notch. There are always players that will try to ruin the experience for others, but I think there are more players out there who want to play the game how it was meant to be played.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Absolutely, glad we can discuss it like adults.

I honestly am fine with either... but greatly prefer FF. I just think it steps the experience up a notch. There are always players that will try to ruin the experience for others, but I think there are more players out there who want to play the game how it was meant to be played.

Team killing has been confirmed to return for Hardcore, I never knew about that (It was confirmed on the 20th via Condrey's twitter)

It does add to the experience and for the most part I loved the fact I had to be careful and it made the game so much more team focused but after a few games that had Ricohet in it. MW2 (some game modes), MW3, it did hurt Hardcore because people were used to the protection it offered and when Black Ops 2 came around I often wouldn't go 3 games without being team killed.

Personally I'd like an added stat to shame people with that counts the number of team kills performed.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

I think that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Also would like to see HC Disabled temporarily for players with multiple kicks over a certain span of games.

Part of my hope is that some of the Looky Lous who have migrated to HC without really adapting their playstyle to HC disappear back to Core when they realize they can't be so careless anymore.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to LifeSong1

Happy to see HC is being installed properly in AW, first good news I have seen. Now I just need to know what game modes are being included. I am only expecting four at this point, but what is included will decide whether or not I buy the game.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

Great discussion everyone. I am glad FF is returning but I am curious how they are going to handle a few situations:

1. What happens when a teammate walks in front of a sentry gun you put down or into a missile strike you called in? Does it could against me?
  2. What happens on the 3rd kill (or whatever it is set to)? Are they automatically kicked? Does the 3rd person get the option to forgive or boot them (halo concept)?
  3. Is the new optic using the same technology as was used for enemy name colors before? Will they still have issues with identifying that there is a person behind the window, fence,  Bush, etc?
  4. Will the mini map return to the pause menu again? This gave me more teammate awareness as I could see them on the map and knew that I had a teammate running up in front of me. I used this all the time to improve my awareness. Ghosts is the first one to remove it completely.
Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

IMO if YOU are in control of the streak i.e the missile strike then hell yes it should count against you. Automated streaks, no. It was ludicrous how sentry gun and AGR TKs could get you booted in BO2.

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I totally agree.

Use controlled- should count against the user.

AI controlled should NEVER count against you, as you have no control over it. See: Mortar Strikes on WarHawk or any other map in Ghosts. They don't let you pick where it goes, thus it just fires everywhere. Yet you STILL get punished if it kills a teammate.

Now, if I had been given the choice of where to drop it, and I dropped it on my teammates? Then I absolutely deserve to be punished for it.

Activision Ambassador

The mortar strike seemed to share the Warthog's fondness for targeting anything OTHER than an enemy lol

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

the mortar strikes are 30 seconds of repeatedly dying for anyone who called it in

Level 75

Studios