Harder to earn/lethal killstreaks

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Harder to earn/lethal killstreaks

With AW I am hoping they make the killstreaks really hard to get and make them more lethal as well. I personally never had  problems with lethal killstreaks  in MW2 and I would like to see them bring back for example Pavelow but at a 15 kill streak or the AC130/Chopper gunner at 20 kill streak. This is a futuristic game so i think it would suit it well if they had some strong kill streaks. Also, these killstreaks shouldn't be achievable through point streaks or care packages. As for the support killstreaks, I don't think these killstreaks should be lethal at all, they should add things that will help you survive like ballistic vest and so on. What do you guys think? are the killstreaks kinda a weak and lame now?

Level 2
35 REPLIES

Re: Harder to earn/lethal killstreaks

in reply to LeapingPanda6

It depends on how you use the Killstreaks on Ghosts that decide how effective they are. I just hope there are no cheap killstreaks for kills, like the Dog or squadmate in this game, or the Paper Airplane in Blops 2, the RC car in Blops 1 etc. I really hope there isn't a support system in this game unless its built like the Assault killstreaks where when you die you start all over agian.

Level 3

in reply to thetoobingcampe

No more Dogs, Hunter Killer Drones, or other use and forget streaks that get easy kills.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

No more Dogs, Hunter Killer Drones, or other use and forget streaks that get easy kills.

Quick scoping = Good.

Dogs = Bad.

Check.

Streaks need to be de-emphasized...there was nothing wrong with 3-5-7 from COD4 and WaW. Ever since MW2, streaks have become the focus versus a reward or bonus.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Streaks should de-emphasized ie reducing their effectiveness.  However, I would also still like more choices regarding what I want to earn and how I want to earn it (assault or support).  Having the game reduced back to the 3-5-7 would be a major step back in the innovation department.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

thebiindsniper wrote:

Streaks should de-emphasized ie reducing their effectiveness.  However, I would also still like more choices regarding what I want to earn and how I want to earn it (assault or support).  Having the game reduced back to the 3-5-7 would be a major step back in the innovation department.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

I don't find them to be overly effective. Good teams limit the other teams' abitlity to earn high KS and understand how to counter them.

To me... it's how they have been made to be the focus... and how they allowed so many to be up at one time.

COD's biggest problem... the emphasis of score/kill streaks.

Somewhere... i can't find it... I posted about the number of streaks a single team could have active in BO2... let's just say, it was a lot.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I understand what your saying but the reward system in COD is xp points to get to next prestige. Having hard to earn killstreaks would be a reinforcer for players like me to play for something other than the objective of the game. I don't think reward as in xp or weapons would be enough to keep things interesting...

Level 2

in reply to RAN Kismet

Dogs, I hate dogs.

P.S. The Hunter Killer drone was awesome, lol, I forgot all about that, I miss it.

Level 1

in reply to thetoobingcampe

I would honestly want support back in the game.  I know people hate it when others are rewarded despite the numerous deaths.  However, think about what those rewards really are.  I don't think Ammo Crates, Vests, and other non-lethal streaks are going to break the game anytime soon.

However, I can admit the oracle was a bit too good and was spammed quite a lot.  The squadmate used to be too crazy, but now he can't even defend himself anymore lol.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to LeapingPanda6

Harder to earn streaks will most likely dissuade the general population from attempting to earn them.  The highest point requirement for killstreaks was probably in MW3 via the Juggernaut and Osprey Gunner.   Nobody as willing to earn 15-17 points in a row for those streaks, which is why they mostly stuck the lower cost, yet still effective, killstreaks. 

I disagree with making them too lethal, even if they're high cost.  Something like K9 units, swarms, pavelows, hellstorm missles, lightining strikes, and more made the streaks way too dominant.  In fact, they became so dominant that gun-on-gun became irrelevant since they offered 50 free kills in a row without lifting a finger.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

Studios