Is Destiny capable of outselling Advanced Warfare?

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Is Destiny capable of outselling Advanced Warfare?

Over the years we've seen other FPS franchises come and go as they all have attempted to compete with Call of Duty. But with Destiny's release less then a month away I'm interested to see how well it sells. With that said, is Destiny capable of outselling Advanced Warfare? Let us know below.

And for those of you that are interest in learning more about Bungie's newest franchise then feel free to check out my Destiny: Beta Impressions video, as I cover some obvious and not so obvious things regarding Destiny. Link located below.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_e9RTI-kIY

Level 1
217 REPLIES

Re: Is Destiny capable of outselling Advanced Warfare?

in reply to Born_Strategist

May want to move to Off Topic Advanced Warfare Off-Topic

And read this-

Guide: YouTube & Streaming Posts | Community

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

It's already broken records as the most pre-ordered game of all-time. It's new, exciting, and basically 3 games packed into one with a 10 year lifespan.

It will not only outsell Call of Duty, it will undoubtedly be the best selling game of all time.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

It's already broken records as the most pre-ordered game of all-time. It's new, exciting, and basically 3 games packed into one with a 10 year lifespan.

It will not only outsell Call of Duty, it will undoubtedly be the best selling game of all time.

Well, for once I'm hoping you're wrong. Personally, I don't like what I've seen of Destiny. I do like what I've seen of AW. One thing I heard about Destiny is that the controls are sluggish. You can't turn and look around as you move as easily as you can in COD. Which reminds me of Halo. It's that sluggishness in controls that lead me to eventually drop it as a series to follow.

Maybe my point of view of Destiny will change as more is revealed. But, from what I've seen so far, I'm not all that impressed.

Like rapsu93 said, "Who cares if something sell(s) more then (an)other." As we all know, popularity is not a sign of intelligence. If Destiny does outsell AW, it doesn't mean it's a better game.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

The destiny turn sensitivity works backwards from COD.  In COD you up your sensitivity you turn faster from the hip and see a reduction while ADS.  In Destiny you actually turn faster while ADSed.  So if you up your hip sensitivity enough to feel like COD then you are going to have a rough time staying on target while ADS.  So yes the controls do feel sluggish and you find yourself relying on jumping to buy yourself some time while you get turned.  All that being said, the story mode is pretty darn fun despite the controls.

Level 69

in reply to Ghamorra

I'm keenly interested to see how they are going to make this game last 10 years. Thats a long cycle for a console let alone a game.

Dont get me wrong though, I am looking forward to this wholeheartedly. Had a whale of a time on the beta

Level 31

Who cares if something sell more than other

Level 1

did you make this post for any other reason than to promote your youtube?

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

does it anger you that he might have done it for views? How bad does that anger you that he might have done that? please do tell

Level 18

in reply to Cash4UsedNeedlz

It doesn't anger him at all. Bit it is clearly against forum rules. But, you wouldn't know anything about forum rules.

Activision Ambassador

Studios