Just a few things to consider for sledgehammer

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Just a few things to consider for sledgehammer

Ive been playing call of duty since cod 4, so I know a little about what were good things in the game and the bad things. Also I'm not here to complain about campers or lag that stuff is a part of the game that will never go away. I just remember all the fun moments in call of duty history and id like to just share some thoughts with you guys and sledgehammer in some things they should do.

1. Customization- I think the customizing has gotten a little out of hand, I remember some of the best times I've had in COD was MW2 trying to unlock all the titles and emblems, especially the moving ones, you felt accomplished when you got those 1000 AC130 kills for the spinning emblem. This has completely vanished from COD, now it's all this armor, skin color, headgear, and all the other nonsense. I've gotten to wear I don't even care what my character looks like, when I use to spend countless hours going for titles and emblems.

2. Killstreaks- killstreaks for the most part have been fantastic until COD Ghosts, all I ask is that you do not fall in Ghosts footsteps while creating killstreaks. I enjoyed the killstreaks in MW2, BO1, and BO2 And I think I can speak for most people when I say that. All I ask is that you look at those killstreaks while youre creating advanced warfare

3. Weapon Camos- buying Camos is complete bullcrap, what happened to 100 head shots? Now it's all these dumb challenges that take YOU out of your playing "comfort zone" to get Camos. I personally don't even go for Camos anymore because why in the world would I want to get 200 kills with no attachments, or 50 lean kills? I don't want lean or be prone to get some camo, I want to be able to play how I want to get Camos.

I hope a lot of you veteran COD players see my points, and that sledgehammer will please incorporate some of these thoughts into Advanced Warfare. Can't wait for the game guys.

Level 1
43 REPLIES

Re: Just a few things to consider for sledgehammer

in reply to Bjornson

Removing headshot camo's is a good move. All they did was make people sit in a corner boosting for them.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

I Don't think many people would boost for camos now if it were head shots. CODs anti boosting/cheating system has gotten way better than it was in MW2. Also remove tac insertion, 90% of the people that use TIs use it for boosting anyways.

Level 1

in reply to Bjornson

Bjornson wrote:

I think I can speak for most people when I say that. All I ask is that you look at those killstreaks while youre creating advanced warfare

You certainly aren't speaking for me or many forum members here when you say this. Killstreaks should not dictate a game's outcome and Black Ops II was the worst about this. One lucky EMP or a lucky killstreak while taking a flag and the game was downhill. There's a guy on this forum who got Dogs within 45 seconds of the start of a game, that should never happen.

Keep kill/point/scorestreaks to a minimum and don't reward luck with overpowered airsupport.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I'm not saying change the score system or anything, I'm just saying the types of kill streaks you get. All the killstreaks in cod ghosts are trash, all I'm asking is they put good killstreaks in the new COD. I'm not asking them to change the score system.

Level 1

in reply to Bjornson

Like Game ending kill streaks, no thanx!!!!!!!

Level 31

in reply to Bjornson

Good killstreaks as in an a Hunter Killer that averages a 1.5 K/D but only takes a couple kills to earn? Or do you prefer to have a several dozen of them flying around? What about 9 point Reaper that can net you as many as 15 kills?

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Good killstreaks as in an a Hunter Killer that averages a 1.5 K/D but only takes a couple kills to earn? Or do you prefer to have a several dozen of them flying around? What about 9 point Reaper that can net you as many as 15 kills?

I don't see the problem w that. Swarm & Dogs were great streaks and not everybody got them. Dogs were easy to kill, way easier than Riley and the swarm had a counter aka the EMP System. Killstreaks in BO2/MW2/MW3 were powerful, but very easy to take down.

I don't think it's fair to penalize great players. If you're good enough to get 19 kills in a row, you deserve a powerful reward.

CODAW should have a mixture of good to powerful streaks. Just make them hard to get. No care package junk. Just have Assault streaks, no support. If you add support, make them earn their support streaks.

Level 19

in reply to PUR4IDO

PUR4IDO wrote:

I don't see the problem w that. Swarm & Dogs were great streaks and not everybody got them.

Really? Any gamemode other than TDM getting one SWARM was common and there were times where my teammates couldn't get their called in because of how many we had sitting on stand-by

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

And even in TDM, it felt like getting them in Care Packages was "common" compared to getting ANY higher tier streaks from them in previous titles.

Level 24

Studios