Make Ranking Up More Meaningful

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Highlighted

Make Ranking Up More Meaningful

One thing that has made ghosts tiresome is the squad point system. Essentially after prestige 1 and 2 you know what you like and what you dislike correct? So you begin to accumulate squad points and by the time you get to prestige 3 and 4 you've got a load of squad points that you'll never need to spend and the only thing left to do is either rank up or complete challenges which ranking up for the sake of ranking up isn't really fun and challenges aren't that meaningful because you only get some XP and squad points.....

My suggestion is: Make a system like Modern Warfare 2:

1. You reach a rank and unlock a gun
  2. You need to get 20 kills with the weapon to unlock the red dot sight
  3. you need 40 kills while looking through the red dot sight to unlock the holographic sight
  4. You need to get 10 grenade launcher kills to unlock the shotgun attachment
  5. So on and so forth

You folks get the picture.

Make ranking up much more meaningful

That way you're more motivated to reach a level and unlock the weapon and then continue using the weapon to unlock attachments and then when you unlock attachments you need to use them in order to unlock other attachments. This way you're much more motivated to keep playing and it gives you something to work for and earn.

Message was ed
ited by: scotland-rules

Activision Ambassador
46 REPLIES

Re: Make Ranking Up More Meaningful

in reply to Scotland-Rules

But please don't reset unlocked camos every prestige like MW3 did !

Level 6

in reply to juggernaut67

I think that's a fair thing to ask. Camo resets should not happen unless you do something like reset all stats.

Activision Ambassador

Adding new challenges once you hit the max prestige would be nice. An entire section of challenge only earnable once you max out your level gives players bragging rights. As of now all challenges can be earned while leveling and that means all the challenges you either want or are time consuming are earned before you reach max level.

So once you hit 10th prestige they should give you challenges to complete from that point forward. Completion of these challenges can have nice rewards to them such as special camos and maybe even micro transaction discounts.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I do think this would add a new 'challenge' for the master prestiges and perhaps a system where they could go back to prestige 10 level 1 if they wished, ultimately there wouldn't be more prestiges but if they enjoyed the take of levelling up this could be something for them.

Activision Ambassador

I agree to all of this i hate being bored when you prestige in ghosts or black ops you had all the guns your used to using every game i want to see a different gun on the battlefield i like to have fun unlocking things so the unlocks way is better

Level 6

in reply to I_Am_Undeniable

Even with all this new stuff there will still be bored players. I had friends hit max prestige by February/March and they have nearly 30 days played already. It's not the games fault that there's not enough challenges to occupy someone for 30 days. 

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Even with all this new stuff there will still be bored players. I had friends hit max prestige by February/March and they have nearly 30 days played already. It's not the games fault that there's not enough challenges to occupy someone for 30 days.

Most games aren't designed to last 30 days playing time. In fact I don't believe any console game is designed to last that long.

Activision Ambassador

What's funny is that I have yet to complete every challenge in any COD and I'm one of those 30 day kind of guys.  But I do like the idea of reserving a few choice rewards for challenges that unlock after max prestige.  That would be a cool change.

Level 69

This this this.

Folks, want to know the issue with allowing people to unlock anything anytime? Just look at Ghosts.

Bring back unlocking guns and unlocking their attachments. Made the game infinitely more interesting and replayable.. and helped maintain balance.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Studios