Make Ranking Up More Meaningful

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Re: Make Ranking Up More Meaningful

in reply to iivrruummii

You would think, by this point... people would be experienced enough in this game to know that, when given the choice, the undesirables will choose to take the easy way out.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

the undesirables will choose to take the easy way out.

Oh, I'm so sorry that the casuals can't live up to your standards.  Since they don't desire a major challenge while playing Call of Duty, they're just bugs beneath your feet, right?  That's a great way of thinking about other people, let me tell ya.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

thebiindsniper wrote:

nicedrewishfela wrote:

the undesirables will choose to take the easy way out.

Oh, I'm so sorry that the casuals can't live up to your standards.  Since they don't desire a major challenge while playing Call of Duty, they're just bugs beneath your feet, right?  That's a great way of thinking about other people, let me tell ya.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Its not that.....It's that the previous didn't offer immediate unlock access and they worked out fine and offered both a challenge to casual cod players and more hardcore fans. In fact this system actually makes it more easier for the Pros than the casual player because they are more deadly and can go straight for the stuff they want. Whereas they'd need to be level 74 to get the MP7 from MW3 or level 80 to unlock the RPG.

I mean people who didn't like the waiting simply never prestiged or they did it once to get the prestige challenges and they never did it again. that's an option open to you.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to RuggedSavior

Yeah, that is not what I meant.

Good folks like you and I will make the choice that best suits us. We'll play fairly and honestly, try different setups, challenge ourselves.

When I say undesirables, I refer to the folks who like to abuse the system. The ones who kill whore in objectives. The ones who boost, cheat, exploit... do whatever they can to unfairly get a leg up on the competition. Do you really want to give them the option of being able to just get what they want when they want it?

A challenge based system for all leads to better balance and makes the game ultimately more replayable for all.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

But again, that isn't good for people who want more flexibility.  If everyone were force-fed the classic system, then the people who don't get to play as often will end up at a disadvantage due to their setups not being unlocked.  It's one thing to be skilled, but it's unpleasant to be gimped in terms of locked items and against other players with their unlocks.

If people want a squad point system over the ranking system, that's their choice should my idea be implemented.

Idea:  Why not give players a choice in regards to how they want to rank up.  Let the choices appeal to both types of gamers.

• Squad Points - Casual ranking structure; Items are unlocked via squad points.

• Classic - Persistent ranking structure.  Items are unlocked via ranking, challenges, and weapon usage.

If people who chose the classic route are upset that their opponents chose the squad point route, then it's wrong to blame other players based on their preferences.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52
Highlighted

in reply to RuggedSavior

thebiindsniper wrote:

But again, that isn't good for people who want more flexibility.  If everyone were force-fed the classic system, then the people who don't get to play as often will end up at a disadvantage due to their setups not being unlocked.  It's one thing to be skilled, but it's unpleasant to be gimped in terms of locked items and against other players with their unlocks.

If people want a squad point system over the ranking system, that's their choice should my idea be implemented.

Idea:  Why not give players a choice in regards to how they want to rank up.  Let the choices appeal to both types of gamers.

• Squad Points - Casual ranking structure; Items are unlocked via squad points.

• Classic - Persistent ranking structure.  Items are unlocked via ranking, challenges, and weapon usage.

If people who chose the classic route are upset that their opponents chose the squad point route, then it's wrong to blame other players based on their preferences.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

You could never put two options like this in a competitive Multiplayer game and even if you play casually its still a competitive game, you play to have fun and win.

I  consider myself a casual player, I don't like MLG or anything like that but I do see that squad points has made a game in which is only fun to play for the first couple prestiges and then you question what you're exactly working towards. I'd honestly suggest if you can't be bothered ranking up is to do it once then not prestige or prestige once and get all the challenges unlocked and available to you and then start trying to chip away at the challenges.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

I like the idea of going back to ranking up to unlock guns, attachments etc.

Ghosts is so flawed in this way. You can be almost brand new to the game and go and unlock an M27 and thermal scope to make your camping easy immediately.

You should be rewarded for putting in time.

Lets be honest, in Ghosts all you needed was to build up your squad points at the beginning and then your sorted for all prestiges..hell they could have at least made it once you prestige you went back to 0 squad points, but no, you could immediately use your points to unlock everything you need to start again.

Yesterday, i found my self so bored of Ghosts, I went back to MW3 and decided to do a full reset and start from the beginning again, i forgot how hard it is having to level and using guns your not use to etc, but it also made me want to level up to get to that ACR and even get to that MP7 at level 74!

And also having the prestige award for being able to do 1 permanent unlock it makes you think carefully, knowing once you prestige you have to start from scratch, what 1 weapon do I want this time, do I want the gun I love but is unlocked about half way through, or do I want that one gun i enjoy using but is one the final unlocks...#firstworldproblems hahaha

Level 2

in reply to nfused

I want player level and gun level to be independent. Leveling your player should take forever, like a weeks time get to a new prestige. This is more about bragging rights and a show of commitment. However, gun leveling should be a bit faster. You have to level a gun up to unlock attachments, camos, and weapon skills - much like MW3.

As you level up your gun level you can then unlock the next weapon in the tier. In order to advance to the next tier you must rank up the previous weapon to a certain point first. That way you don't have n00bs going for the most powerful weapon at the start. It should be a privilege to have more powerful weapons.

The reason I want these levels independent is so when you prestige you don't reset your weapon progress. To finish all weapon tiers it should be the equivalent of a few prestiges. Like I said, there's no reason a beginner should have access to the most powerful weapon, where's the fun in that.  

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

I want player level and gun level to be independent. Leveling your player should take forever, like a weeks time get to a new prestige. This is more about bragging rights and a show of commitment. However, gun leveling should be a bit faster. You have to level a gun up to unlock attachments, camos, and weapon skills - much like MW3.

As you level up your gun level you can then unlock the next weapon in the tier. In order to advance to the next tier you must rank up the previous weapon to a certain point first. That way you don't have n00bs going for the most powerful weapon at the start. It should be a privilege to have more powerful weapons.

The reason I want these levels independent is so when you prestige you don't reset your weapon progress. To finish all weapon tiers it should be the equivalent of a few prestiges. Like I said, there's no reason a beginner should have access to the most powerful weapon, where's the fun in that.  

While I like the sound of this Idea G, I think its a bit much to ask of the casual player who doesn't have hours to spend. A classic system is the best for both worlds I think. Like I said really good idea but I don't think it would work for people who didn't have  10 hours + a week to play.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

I can see that. But it's not like it will take forever to level up each class. If you want to unlock everything it might. However, if they keep the ammo crate you can gain access to a random weapon and you can always pick one up.

I don't think that there's as many super casuals who only prestige a couple times over the course of an entire series. I think there's a lot who reset themselves or have multiple accounts. I think there's a vast majority, possible >90% who prestige at least 5 times. Those who don't prestige shouldn't dictate how a game functions and punish the other 90%.

It's tough to make everyone happy and normally I favor the casual, but when it comes to leveling I think there needs to be a system that favors those who play a lot. Casuals will never fully realize the game, even with the current system in place, so why bother trying to please them?

Level 75

Studios