New hard drive and gaming router. No more WTF moments :)

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

I agree. But I would not blame the developers of CoD on this one. Id blame sony. Just like im currently furious with MS for the controller issues. Fix it. Fix it now! NOW! lol

deamonomic

Sounds good m8, also happy for you and useful info for me too ,) thx buddy^^

PiiRaNhAa

Again I'll say i dont think it was the router. ive thoroughly checked my internet and there is no noticeable difference.

I have 2 ps4's in my house i played AW on the ps4 with the stock HDD and it plays like shit.

i go back to the ps4 with the upgraded hard drive and smooth as silk.

same router.

"I'lll go with upgrade your hard drive for $100 "

Robaboa1

If you need to buy a new hard drive to be able to play this game properly then shame on Sledgehammer Games. Only in COD..

the_eon

Just installed a SSD and have no router blocking me. So I will be able to see if it helps at all.

madhammer

I installed the Seagate 1 TB Hybrid Drive after work today.  It took awhile but that was mostly operator error.  First I will say that my PS4 runs much smoother and faster all around and especially in the pre-game lobby.  I played 24 matches of mostly TDM and 2 of them where KC.  And I will explain what my experience was with the stock HD.  Lots of insta-death, poor hit-detection, WTF moments, studder, and lag. 

I would have to say my overall experience online didn't change very much other than it seemed like the studder (which sometimes can be confused with lag) was significantly better.  It also seemed like the graphics were a little better but that could just be my imagination.  I didn't expect the new HD to fix the lag or insta-death but I was hoping that they were connected somehow and the overall experience would change, which it didn't.  In the matches that I didn't experience any lag everything ran pretty smooth but I also had matches like that with the stock HD. 

I kept a little log as I was playing and these are the results.

Lag                 8  out of 24

No Lag           10 out of 24

Insta-death     3 out of 24

Studder          3 out of 24

I am not disappointed I spent $85 on a new HD but I was hoping I would have seen a little more change.

KurtK24

Ya but did you like those fresh lobbies for the first 3-4 games?

madhammer

Uh I didn't start a new acct so it was pretty much all tryhards like myself. 

KurtK24

I got a fresh lobby after the reinstall. I would say my $200 SD isn't much better. I notice count down in games. But game still locked up in kill cams. Detroit I saw a 2 second count down where before I didn't see crap EVER. Still plenty of WTF moments. Its the game.

madhammer

Hoping the geo router from London that will be here next week will solve my lag.

madhammer

Studios