New hard drive and gaming router. No more WTF moments :)

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Correct me if I'm wrong but, why did these "vets" not advise this in the first place, instead of all the ridicule? It was all "network optimisation" not hard drive replacement from what I read. Robos problems could have happened like this, i.e

Robo: I have a problem with WTF moments. Tried everything with my connection and I think the game is broken. Unplayable!

"Vet": Well if you've tried everything network wise, it could possibly have something to do with your hard drive. Have you tried replacing it? If you do, try and get one with more cache space. This may improve your experience.

That could have saved about 10 threads and thousands of posts.

Stop triple capping in Dom you clowns
Silz616

Silz616 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, why did these "vets" not advise this in the first place, instead of all the ridicule? It was all "network optimisation" not hard drive replacement from what I read. Robos problems could have happened like this, i.e

Robo: I have a problem with WTF moments. Tried everything with my connection and I think the game is broken. Unplayable!

"Vet": Well if you've tried everything network wise, it could possibly have something to do with your hard drive. Have you tried replacing it? If you do, try and get one with more cache space. This may improve your experience.

Simple answer seeing as you're trying to spin this into something it isnt..

had any of us said buy a hard drive robo and his little group of shill accusers would've jumped all over us for suggesting he spent money, and still claimed it was the game.

As for network optimizing lost count number of times I and others have said isp given routers are bad

Maccabi Level 75

Silz616 wrote:

TBH... countless posts were made trying to tell him the issue with game wasn't the lack of dedicated servers and that an optimized network solves many issues. Feel free to search...

And the hard drive issue is a PS4 thing... this is general discussion, so, things tend to not be console specific.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Silz616 wrote:

there is a process to get to that point. You have to eliminate other potential causes and narrow it down. Given time, we would have eventually gone there. But we were never given the chance to look that far into it. What the Vets can do is limited by the willingness of the other person to have a back and forth. And their ability to understand it. Its Troubleshooting 101 basically. Check anything and everything, but there are things that you should normally check first, being your own internet set up.

And to determine whether or not we should move on from checking one area, such as Internet set up, We need to make sure all the details have indeed been looked, pointless to start searching elsewhere if the problem remains there. Problem comes in here (atleast I think). Its usually around here that they start to become very uncooperative and usually start raising the Lag comp flag.

deamonomic

Going to upgrade soon got 90gb left,hope i get positive results

iEvans1883

Getting back on track with this topic tho , happy for you roboboa. For me my issues were fixed by unplugging everything from my modem.... no way in hell anything else is using up my internet now >.>

deamonomic

Robaboa wrote:

I bought a new 2 tb hard drive for my ps4. http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Momentus-SpinPoint-ST2000LM003-Notebook/dp/B00I8O6 OQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U...

when taking out the old one i noticed the cache size on the old drive is 8MB

while the new drive is 64MB.

next i put my cable modem into bridge mode and bought a new

Ac gaming router Amazon.com: NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router (R8000): Computers & Accessories

Now heres the kicker. all the WTF moments in COD have gone away. (of course theres a few but they are believable now)

i dont think it was the router as much as the hard drive.

this is my theory why:

the PS4 constantly records during gameplay (unnown to most of us)

when you activate to record a game it only marks that as a start point but it records behind the scenes regardless

you'll notice during game if you hit the share button it will have an option to save clip? even though you were NOT recording.

kinda like a dvr.

well with the stock drive being a 8 MB cache size it must be hell on the system to record 1080p while playing the game.

as soon as i installed the new hard drive and reinstalled the software and my games. i played COD and i just cant believe it.

hardly any WTF moments at all. straight boss mode.

the router may or may not have an effect. im hard wired and always was so i dont really see any difference there. but

the hard drive definitely did something.

besides that the ps4 system is so much faster and responsive. the games load way faster, no more waiting for the keyboard to pop up,(its instant now).

and best of all that dumb spinning circle waiting for the party list to load, or messages to send...YUP ALL GONE

just thought id share

we all know things are as good as their weakest link.

this stock hard drive is one of them.

And look... the game is playing welll without 100% dedis.

Glad your issues are sorted.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

I just think it is a shame that me/you/community feel we should have spend further money to try and better our gaming experience.  When the answer may be a local option within the game.

My point - one day the game plays seemingly perfect, enjoyable experience and I just want to play all night, then the following day I cannot get a kill to save my life and game feels awful.  So what I am saying is if I can get a good experience with my standard BT router (surely the router is not at fault).

I may be wrong (quite often am) but I still feel local matchmaking would improve consistency and save people having to try buy an experience.

I hope it does provide the consistency you hope for and I will continue to follow your post.

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

You shouldn't have to do all this to get a fair game.  Only call of duty do you have to go to these lengths...

the_eon

the_eon wrote:

You shouldn't have to do all this to get a fair game.  Only call of duty do you have to go to these lengths...

This is not true, upgrading the hd makes a huge difference to a lot of ps4 games,

Upgrading your router from a cheap isp given one will make a difference as would correctly setting up your home network as a console is a networked device and NEEDS to be set up correctly

Maccabi Level 75

Studios