New hard drive and gaming router. No more WTF moments :)

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Juanfartez wrote:

Poorly designed software again. Typical, engineers build software on clean systems with ten times the power of what they are programming it for, and then say it's your problem. 30 years @ I.B.M. taught me that.

And yes, upgrading the HD and having high quality routers will help with all your gaming experience, but nobody should need to.

In an Ideal world, I would agree with you. But in the actual world, I have to ask. Why should nobody need to?

deamonomic

What I mean by, nobody should need to, is that the developers knew in advance what the specifications are of each console they plan on making the game for right out of the box. One should be able to buy a PS3/4 Xbox360/1 and the game, take it home, and have it work out of the box. Internet connection being the only consumer controllable with a minimum requirement.

On PC versions of the game they give minimum and recommended system requirements because of too many variables in the PC world, and the consumer can make choices on what system they buy or build to make the game work for them.

Juanfartez

Juanfartez wrote:

What I mean by, nobody should need to, is that the developers knew in advance what the specifications are of each console they plan on making the game for right out of the box. One should be able to buy a PS3/4 Xbox360/1 and the game, take it home, and have it work out of the box. Internet connection being the only consumer controllable with a minimum requirement.

On PC versions of the game they give minimum and recommended system requirements because of too many variables in the PC world, and the consumer can make choices on what system they buy or build to make the game work for them.

I agree to an extent with what your saying. However, it is not the developers fault. This is not a CoD issue. This (atleast in Robaboas case) is a Playstation/sony issue. Developers are pushed and pushed to make the game as great as they can. Can they help it really that the console developer gimped it to where you needed an upgrade to be able to run the game fully? No, the blame should not be aimed at ATVI or SHG or any of the other devs. If you want to be angry at anyone, be mad at sony.

deamonomic

If everything Robaboa is saying is true then everyone should upgrade.  And if that is the case then it is a complete fail on Sony's part.  I have said this before that really the only difference I see between PS3 and 4 is a little better graphics, which in my mind is no reason to switch to next gen.  Even though I did and now I am really starting to regret my decision.  I would think that Sony knew this was going to be the problem and decided to do nothing about it.  If all this info holds to be true, then I would think that after awhile they will upgrading the HD in stock PS4s soon.

KurtK24

Juanfartez wrote:

Poorly designed software again. Typical, engineers build software on clean systems with ten times the power of what they are programming it for, and then say it's your problem. 30 years @ I.B.M. taught me that.

And yes, upgrading the HD and having high quality routers will help with all your gaming experience, but nobody should need to.

How is it Atvi/devs fault sony put such a old slow hd in their ps4's

Maccabi Level 75

They are paid to design games for PS4's they should build the game for PS4's that's why its their fault. If they build a game too good for PS4 then it should be downgraded.

madhammer

madhammer wrote:

They are paid to design games for PS4's they should build the game for PS4's that's why its their fault. If they build a game too good for PS4 then it should be downgraded.

so that would go for every developer of ps4 games then right?

Maccabi Level 75

If you are developing a game for PS4. Then you should develop it for the PS4 spec period. I understand PC is different but console yes 100% all developers. 

madhammer

I agree with this.  A system like the PS4 should be self-sufficient, especially being merely months old.  A game like CoD is why people buy the consoles.  You shouldn't have to buy another HD or more RAM just so you can keep up with some of the games. 

I agree that this is different from PC, where upgrades are easier and much more expected.  In fact, if I was a developer for consoles, I'd be sure to limit my software within base console specs.  If I don't, all I do is undermine my sales and invite complaints. 

Look at it this way.  Suppose the OP's solution is indeed theee fix to have a smooth AW experience.  Does this mean everyone will then go out immediately and upgrade just so they can play AW?  No, people just won't play AW or complain (and rightly so) about how much the game fails to function smoothly. 

Immerse me.
Yppecaye_the_Dogged

I think I will con my son into buying it for his PS4 and see how it works!   HaHa

KurtK24

Studios