New hard drive and gaming router. No more WTF moments :)

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Dude please tell us how you jacked up your game then?

CoD Top 10 in the World Playa
MakoShark222

MakoShark222 wrote:

Hard drive thrashing?

^^^^ this is what can happen with the crappy Stock HD

Google thrashing. its real

Robaboa1

But how it could still run other games properly in case it is trashed? idk if this is the case...

PiiRaNhAa

PiiRaNhAa wrote:

But how it could still run other games properly in case it is trashed? idk if this is the case...

not trashed.   THRASHING.

it where some games constantly refer back to the hard drive for info. but the hard drive cant keep up because of such a small cache. but it usually happens when there isnt enough system ram.

BUT it also can happen on games that dont load everything it needs into the ram so its accessing disc data at the same time for gameplay. when you add this to the DVR constant recording of the ps4 it can be trouble for certain games.

I know it fixed COD for me. I was hooting and hollering for a while now.

Im not saying the games great or  i like the spawns and such but the game play is Sweet now

Robaboa1

Tried to tell them about HD thrashing and they didn't want to hear it. Its the damn game, the software, the publisher...maybe its the guns?

CoD Top 10 in the World Playa
MakoShark222

I agree.  I would have to hear about multiple examples of it helping with gameplay.  Honestly I don't have many matches in AW where I feel like I'm in god mode. 

KurtK24

PiiRaNhAa a écrit:

Would be curious to hear to about this "new" experience then, a second one would not be that bad, the more the better to be sure^^ but what i can't understand by it, why is it then, then sometimes your games are top and how it should be and sometimes crap? i mean, the HD is still the same in both situations? Also, an improved HD is the only thing i do not have, as i have no doubts about my other gear...

And another honest question...why do i have this problems now only with AW, when Ghosts was playing smooth as silk for me too? Thx in advance for useful informations...

As soon as i receive my new hdd i let you know. I'm sceptic aswell for the same reason, why sometimes the game works well ( not often for me) and why this is the only one...we don't know how the devs have implement, coded things, maybe this game use the hdd differently. The problem is very complex, a lot of stuff, hardware, software interact together.

RickyRicco

Thank you mate, look forward to hear about your experience with the new one : )

PiiRaNhAa

PiiRaNhAa wrote:

Would be curious to hear to about this "new" experience then, a second one would not be that bad, the more the better to be sure^^ but what i can't understand by it, why is it then, then sometimes your games are top and how it should be and sometimes crap? i mean, the HD is still the same in both situations? Also, an improved HD is the only thing i do not have, as i have no doubts about my other gear...

And another honest question...why do i have this problems now only with AW, when Ghosts was playing smooth as silk for me too? Thx in advance for useful informations...

Different maps, players and situations.

deamonomic

bb3d5fb50c4babdfcb84b6422c1d96b4 a écrit:

JCONNOR a écrit:

I appreciate the effort Robaboa has gone into reporting his findings, but... There is still no conclusive evidence it is the hard drive upgrade alone. It could be the router, or both.

If somebody else who is having problems with the game could try this... upgrading to a 2.5" HDD with 32 or 64MB cache... Without getting a new router and it improves their game, then we may be onto something. Until then there are too many variables, IMHO to make any real conclusions.

I am glad it is working for Robaboa, but again, one person is not a sign this is "the" cure all for this (or any games) woes.

OK i bought a new hd on internet, i placed my order yesterday so i hope to receive it tomorrow. I give you my feedback as soon as possible.

The model i bought, toshiba MQ01ABF0100H 1To, 32 mb cache.

my experience in game at the moment is very bad, hitmarkers and usual lag bs.

Put my new hard drive in my playstation this morning, i played 2 hours and half, i can say there is an improvement definitly, less wtf for sure, i can react easier, hitmarkers are more consistant. The only time i experienced spike lag is when all the noobs leave the match ( it's a cancer serously, i can end a match and be 3 against 6 opponents).

i'm very happy to have bought a new hdd, thanks Robo !

not everything is perfect but it's fair and acceptable. If you have other question, i'm around.

ps: sorry for my poor english ;-)

RickyRicco

Studios