Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?

SOLVED

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?

Playing Destiny got me thinking... why doesn't COD have something like the Tower...

... a COD Hub?

You could have a room with your medals on  one wall... your weapons on another... a workbench to modify weapons, etc. There could a shop for buying/selling/trading weapons (I have an idea about this... but that is another post). Another for maybe redeeming medals received for titles or  patches.

Of course this COD hub is nothing more than a virtual interactive menu... so you could still do everything without having to go to it...

... but it might also be something fun to do.

Throwing it out there.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Should COD have a hub like Destiny's Tower?

in reply to RAN Kismet
Solution
‎05-08-2014 08:28 AM

rankismet wrote:

Playing Destiny got me thinking... why doesn't COD have something like the Tower...

... a COD Hub?

You could have a room with your medals on  one wall... your weapons on another... a workbench to modify weapons, etc. There could a shop for buying/selling/trading weapons (I have an idea about this... but that is another post). Another for maybe redeeming medals received for titles or  patches.

Of course this COD hub is nothing more than a virtual interactive menu... so you could still do everything without having to go to it...

... but it might also be something fun to do.

Throwing it out there.

I would say absolutely, not to mimic Destiny and their creativity but COD needs something additional for us players instead of a simple menu.

I think blind has some great ideas, but the old menu's (after) destiny have become...

old

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
29 REPLIES

in reply to RAN Kismet

I suggested a clan HQ were if you're in the clan you can access. This way way when you're trying to prepare for a clan war or a clan event you don't have to go through the painful process of inviting people. With the Clan HQ you can divide up teams and parties without having to leave. You can access stats, information, and results of Clan Wars. It's a one stop shop for all your clan needs and gives more opportunities for rewards as there could be multiple upgrades to your HQ.

Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I was thinking the same thing...

Would CoD work using Destiny's Formula?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Totally missed that thread.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

No worries, I am just too lazy to type it all out again LOL

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to RAN Kismet

Thats a good idea, but i don't think many people will use it b/c COD doesn't have variety of armour only weapons/gadgets. I guess skins too. I think it would be a waste of space in the game to make this instead of just a browse options.

Level 2

in reply to RAN Kismet

thats a great idea, they could also tie into stats and other stuff that relate in game and be a portal to do challenges from and make it web based to you could interact it with when your not.... oh wait a minute that was Elite wasnt it

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

thats a great idea, they could also tie into stats and other stuff that relate in game and be a portal to do challenges from and make it web based to you could interact it with when your not.... oh wait a minute that was Elite wasnt it

I'm going to ignore that snide dig at the failed thing that was COD Elite.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I like the idea. Especially the weapons part. That be cool to see all the weapons on a wall or something like that.

Level 43

in reply to RAN Kismet

I like the idea.  I can imagine the personal HUB with the following features

• A giant TV screen or a personal simulator pod that allows you to select the game modes you want to play
  • An exit door that lets you select campaign or spec ops.
  • A test range that allows you to fire your weapon at targets and test dummies and change your custom classes.
  • A store where you can buy DLC packs.
  • A training field that teaches you the basics ie movement, combat skills, and more.

You can also invite friends to your HUB.  It's kind of like assembling a party together before searching for a match, only now it's better since you can run around and kill boredom as you wait.

...better yet, what if the HUB was your OWN house?  Like you can design it and hang out with your friends.  I might be going too far with this, but hey--it would be neat.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

Studios