I find seeking Mary Janes soothing embrace during times of stress and rage does wonders
hahaha yeah.. agreed. Unless I am playing at a competitive level. Like wagers or tournaments. Other than that. Yes 100%
Excellent post and some really great advice, one thing I really need to drive home to myself is to stop playing Ranked like I am playing Pub.
I think because the movement in this game is so fast and fun you forget that sometimes it is still an advantage to play it slow.
The other thing whether you're playing for fun or making a living from it, it is still a game.
This is straight from the dictionary - Meaning of game "An activity that one engages in for amusement", if you are raging, complaining or getting mad at someone you can't be very amused.
This to me is the major one - Forget about the "Connection, Lag & Matchmaking"
Most of MLG is played over the internet and they have to deal with the same thing we do, but if you watch the matches they almost never complain about "Lag or connection" they just accept and adapt.
Its like I used to tell people about Gamebattles. Pubs are for fun, GB's are for winning. The same thing could be said about Ranked. If you try to run it like a pub you will get your ass kicked 9/10. while your aiming to have a good time, most everyone else is sacrificing a decent portion of "fun" for the "win". And as to why its simple. The win IS the fun. Knowing that you took on another group just as determined as you and usually as skilled as you, is funner then Pubstomping in my opinion. The sense of satisfaction from doing well is higher.
But where's the EZ Button?? I noticed there was no advice suggesting gamers go cry to the devs if none of those tips work!
Seriously. Great advice. It is "a lot" to remember, true. But anyone can do it with enough practice. If it is too much to remember, work on being good at a few of the suggestions at a time until you have those parts down to being second nature. Who cares if you don't finally get to having a 2.0 kdr in AW? There will be another COD next year. Use this year to master the basics and then employ them in the future.
Which reminds me. Although the OP focuses upon AW, his advice actually works in every COD.
Who cares if you don't finally get to having a 2.0 kdr in AW?
Don't know bout you but I'll be happy to have a positive KD by the end of AW.
Mine took a major nose dive this time, too. The exo suits I think threw everyone off. In the long run, this game plays almost exactly like prior CODs. There's just an added dimension - verticality. Slow down a little, use the boost sparingly ... and you'll see your kdr begin to improve.
While I'm at it ... I've been tinkering with the SMG slide kill challenge. I think the solution to this is going to involve using a different controller lay out. I've been running the Tactical setting and scored the final 15 slide kills I needed for the ASM1 within an hour of game play in HC KC. Also ... don't have the derp moment like I did - you need to play the maps for this challenge. For example, consider slide kills on Retreat lucky kills. On the other hand, Detroit and Recovery are great maps for scoring slide kills.
To me, 90% of the problems gamers face can be found in the OPs OP. The other 10% lies in assuming that everything in the game should work just as effectively on every map and in every game mode. That's why you get complaints about things being OP or UP. Notice the @FFLOTTiGZ didn't mention one word about what weapon to use?
That's because if you follow the advice he gives, it won't matter. Part of map knowledge is knowing to not show up to a gun fight with a knife. Don't use an SG on a wide open map and then wonder why you can't score many kills.