Want to get better at Call of Duty? ~Read, Learn, Apply, Improve~

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

In AW I wouldn't even bother with an SG at close range, think the MORS is almost more effective up close. Lol

Cryptic_Gamer

I play a ton of GB/UMG/Wagers. Use to main the BAL-27. But since the buff of the HBRa3. I have completely switched over. Dropping 40 bombs, and a ton of 1v3's and 1v4's. When I'm not running HBRa3, I am using the IMR. The gun has the highest skill ceiling of all the AR's. I'm certain you know. But You can one burst someone. Comes down to whether or not you can use to accurately and consistently. If you can master it, you will run any ladder.

Dr-Flow

Love the IMR but seems very connection reliant, much like the M8 of BOPs2. I find I will switch back to the BAL if the connection doesn't favour me.

But like most weapons put in the time with them and put the right attachments on them and they all have strong points.

Cryptic_Gamer

I just finished the IMR challenges yesterday. When you're on target with the IMR, it is a beast of a gun. If just one hit doesn't land, you're screwed ... IF you don't take action right away. Boost dodge, switch to a pistol - do anything but don't take that second burst with the IMR. At least, that was my experience. I used the variant with the slightly higher RoF and minus 1 in I think accuracy. I made up for the drop in accuracy, ultimately, by using either the TF sight or the Laser Sight. The laser sight seemed to work better for me. I also used the fore grip and Grip. This gave excellent ADS time and made up for any issues regarding accuracy.

The down side was that the mobility with the IMR sucks. I'll be honest - it took me a while to figure that out. So what I found myself doing was for either long distance travel or needing to get across open areas I switched to my pistol. Worked like a charm.

The bottom line is that there are ways to make "under powered" or overlooked weapons work. You have to be willing to experiment with unlikely combinations. As an AR, you wouldn't expect to have to treat the IMR like an SMG when it comes to attachments, but that's an edge I had over opponents. The complaints about BALs losing to an IMR were rampant yesterday - lol. And switching to my "default" pistol only upset opponents even more. The sad part was that I had a really off day yesterday. I was not at the top of my game.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
nuttin2say

I like the point about the maps. Some of them are very useful in getting certain challenges but are terrible for others. For example, I wanted to get a strafe challenge done quickly and found that Drift and Sideshow were great for it.

Each one also has its good and bad as far as the actual gameplay goes. I always keep in mind what map I'm on and play with that in mind.

Great post FLOWTTiGz

SwampDawg

Yep me too!  nearly there but not quite, got another 325 kills to make up..

MavisCruet

really nice feedback man, thank you

Dr-Flow

Great Tips and Advice  - Huge respect for the effort and time that's gone into this post...

MavisCruet

Thanks a lot! appreciate it!

Dr-Flow

Very good thread!

I like every piece of advice you provide.

Specifically this one:

10. DON'T CRY!!!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Studios