When (if ever) will Call of Duty stop using the hit-scan and go to projectile?

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

When (if ever) will Call of Duty stop using the hit-scan and go to projectile?

Call of Duty seems like a franchise that will forever stick with the hit-scan system. A system that instantly inflicts damage on an opponent based on the time your aim is on target. Any visual and auditory effects that make it seem like bullets are being fired are fabricated. Because of this, aiming and any form of weapon skill is greatly reduced. All you need to do is move your aim over a target and pull the trigger. Everything else is calculated and simulated.

A projectile system is about as realistic of a ballistics system as it can get. Battlefield and a select few others use it for sniping. Even CoD uses it with the Ballistic Knife and melee weapons, but never with a gun. Now that we're in the next generation of gaming I'm curious to see if Call of Duty will go into a full projectile system on all weapons,not just sniping.

Level 75
17 REPLIES

Re: When (if ever) will Call of Duty stop using the hit-scan and go to projectile?

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Call of Duty seems like a franchise that will forever stick with the hit-scan system. A system that instantly inflicts damage on an opponent based on the time your aim is on target. Any visual and auditory effects that make it seem like bullets are being fired are fabricated. Because of this, aiming and any form of weapon skill is greatly reduced. All you need to do is move your aim over a target and pull the trigger. Everything else is calculated and simulated.

A projectile system is about as realistic of a ballistics system as it can get. Battlefield and a select few others use it for sniping. Even CoD uses it with the Ballistic Knife and melee weapons, but never with a gun. Now that we're in the next generation of gaming I'm curious to see if Call of Duty will go into a full projectile system on all weapons,not just sniping.

It's a Twitch shooter, that's why.  If you go to the BF style, it looses it's biggest appeal, which is the fast arcade style it has. This is why most cod players, play cod & BF players do not like COD.

Here's something, you might not know or are not aware off, there cod players that only play cod & nothing else. Once you change that, they will lose those die hard fans.

Level 19

Re: When (if ever) will Call of Duty stop using the hit-scan and go to projectile?

in reply to PUR4IDO

PUR4IDO wrote:

ghamorra wrote:

It's a Twitch shooter, that's why.  If you go to the BF style, it looses it's biggest appeal, which is the fast arcade style it has. This is why most cod players, play cod & BF players do not like COD.

Here's something, you might not know or are not aware off, there cod players that only play cod & nothing else. Once you change that, they will lose those die hard fans.

I've been playing BF4 allot (go to level 29).

At first going from COD to BF I had difficulty killing, it takes bullets to take someone down but I got use to it, via burst firing.

Then I tried sniping with its projectile calculations, and LOVED it. I enjoy having to aim and calculating distances between myself and the target.

I wrote about bullet trajectory before and many responded that its just not a COD thing and that people will probably hate it.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Dude,

Download BF and lets play it (or rent it) and then tell me if you think this community will want something more difficult?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Exactly.

They will hate it.

BF is meant for more realistic war simulation over large battle environments.

COD is for faster, smaller scale reflex shooting not based on realistic physics etc.

Take those elements away from their respective games and they lose their identity and major fanbase.

Level 38
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

i play both bf and cod  i see the difference and i agree they need to add it

Level 6

in reply to I_Am_Undeniable

I play both as well (mainly BF now) but I think they should keep the system the way it is.

It is what makes COD play like COD and if you introduce projectile physics it will ruin the game.

People that like twitch shooting wont play it, people who aren't as good will camp something wicked to compensate etc...

It will essentially not be COD anymore.

Level 38

in reply to Ghamorra

I don't think this would work out very well on CoD. CoD is an arcade shooter.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Ghamorra

Definitely wouldn't like this in CoD.. It takes away the arcade style shooter that we have all grown to love over the past decade. This is why CoD is the number ONE game in the world. That would be taking the soul of the series away and ruin it... completely!

Level 2

in reply to Ghamorra

IF A PISTOL ROUND IN REAL LIFE FALLS TO THE GROUND AROUND 300 FT FROM THE GUN, THEN MANY CALL OF DUTY MAPS ARE MORE THAN BIG ENOUGH FOR BULLETS TO DROP.

Level 1

Studios