'Wingman' Score Streak Add-on

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

'Wingman' Score Streak Add-on

Hello,

Today I wanted to bring up a discussion about the 'Wingman' Score Streak Add-on.

When I saw footage of it in use while watching the Global Reveal Event, I didn't think it was an 'Add-on' and instead thought it was something by default.

My question is?

How many people will add 300+ on a scorestreak for the ability for someone else to come in and do some killing as well? Unless you get mega points for it e.g. you a 100 points perk kill, I honestly don't think it will be used that much.

However that's just my honest opinion. What are your thoughts?

Activision Ambassador
12 REPLIES

Re: 'Wingman' Score Streak Add-on

in reply to Scotland-Rules

I feel like it should be free because it only encourages team play, and if you think about it you're kind of giving up some kills for yourself. 300 seems kind of steep, and it is going to make it too hard to earn for it to be worth it.

Level 15

I'm guessing people that play as a team will use it. Why not? The one they showed looks slightly OP. 2 players raining down fire from above that was constantly spawn killing players. Looks loads of fun for the opposite team

Level 30

In clan wars on a map that you can dominate with two guys firing down then maybe but for general use I don't see it happening.  There's not much point in risking your big streak for 3 more kills unless you know that the guy joining you knows how to use it properly and can help you lock down the win.

Level 69

I thought the "second seat" option was there for someone else to provide support while you control the streak, ie they can tag enemies for you so you know where to fire next.

Didnt realise both players could fire.

Level 7

in reply to ITS_SURRIDGE

Thats what I thought it looked like in the video.

Player 1 earns the streak and assumes the gunner position.

Player 2 teams up and marks targets for Player 1.

I'll have to watch it again tomorrow and check it out.

Level 48

If you are playing Ground War then it could be insane. 9 targets with 2 Chopper Gunners (?)

But standard 6 v 6 particularly on indoor maps could be a waste. You would look silly if you got buzz killed 1/2 off a Wingman Paladin when you would have got the Paladin anyway.

Level 21

They said in the Reveal that each has a different purpose. Schofield said you would provide "Support", like marking enemies in the WarBird.

In the Paladin, it appears you do get an additional gun turret.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Ok, thats sounds pretty cool.

I can't see solo players running the add-on but it's defiantly something clans and friends will run.

Level 48

I agree with you. I probably wont use it, the Wingman add-on thing I mean. I doubt not many people will use it.

Level 43

Studios