is Quickscoping going to be removed/nerfed?

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

is Quickscoping going to be removed/nerfed?

i know probably many people have asked this but is this being removed/nerfed? I would love it to be removed or nerfed down to where only a few people would use it. In ghosts it wasn't to bad, mainly because 1. not many people played the game 2. you die

faster so quickscopers can't get there shot off 3. i believe they did something to the auto aim? or was that a lie?

I'm not really being unreasonable, quickscoping only really has a place inside a private match imo, its a broken game mechanic that usually abuses auto-aim and can beat any type of gun in any area on the map. So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to nerf quickscoping. I think they should just decrease the run speed by a lot and have it affect run speed with a secondary. I mean realistically a sniper would definitely not be running around across the map and shooting 4 people in 10 seconds without aiming properly (not saying cod is realistic). Thoughts?

Level 1
52 REPLIES

Re: is Quickscoping going to be removed/nerfed?

in reply to mentalman259

I don't think sledgehammer has said anything yet.But more then likely it will be in the game.

Level 9

in reply to mentalman259

If they made Sniping as it was in Black Ops, that would be ideal.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I agree.  Black Ops 1 made quickscoping so ineffective that the majority of the community gave up on it and went back to MW2 for their trickshot montages.  After BO1, quickscoping was never gimped the same effective way again.  Don't tell me that Ghosts gimped quickscoping, because they didn't.  I can quickscope in that game very effectively and I don't quickscope at all because I hate how broken it is.

On topic, I really hope quickscoping is gimped like in Black Ops 1 in Advanced Warfare.  A powerful long range weapon should not be so effective at close range.  It's like if shotguns could perform one shot kills from across the map (in core without slugs).  It breaks the balance of the weapon.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

Funny thing was... really good snipers could still do it. But they actually had to ADS, acquire the target, and get the shot off. I knew, when I played Black Ops, if someone could do that, they actually had skill as a sniper.

Right now skill as a sniper is hard to figure out.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Hence why I said the majority.  Getting quickscoped in Black Ops 1 was rare, which is what I liked.  The unfortunate souls who tried to quickscope me numerous times kept missing me over and over again lol.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

It was funny. In some of the subsequent games (BO2 comes to mind) when I sniped I actually did BETTER if I panicked and quickly ADS'd and shot blindly at my opponent. The gun did the work for me most of the time.

In Black Ops, however, I did better if I breathed, brought my gun into scope and centered my shot. It rewarded me for being calm and acquiring my target.

In games since, I feel like doing so punishes you, you are better off just aiming in their general direction, tapping LT and Firing.

Activision Ambassador

Yeah in Black Ops you had to most of the time follow trough the target with the scoping. Not sure how would I say it well at least on PC where there was no aim assist there wasn't those magic bullets and you couldn't shoot right away as the scope would be off centered. That being said if you knew how to do it you could still "quick scope" and drag scoping was also quite easy to pull off after some training.

This was some of my old Black Ops sniping gameplay where I was testing things out:

Level 64

in reply to mentalman259

I cant see it being that significant in this game

Level 8

in reply to mentalman259

Unless they have changed the auto-aim and auto-center when ADS mechanics...

... it will be there.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios