A Plea for the PC Platform

Advanced Warfare PC

Dear SHG (and Activision),

This is a plea for the PC platform. Yes we are a platform. Our own platform. A unique platform. A different platform with a different kind of community in many ways. We really do enjoy playing Call of Duty on the PC (honestly!) but you might not be able to see that very clearly with how low player counts are in the games and by how low overall sales where across the board for COD:Ghosts. I am not trying to take shots at COD:Ghosts (well maybe I am) but the worst ever player counts in a title this new and overall lack of interest in the series over the last few titles really truly is upsetting to me as a long time COD player from the start of the series and I am sure to you in some way as a partner developer in the series. Seeing how the last release has played out over a short time for the PC platform this surely has to reveal something to you being a developer! It's not that COD:Ghosts is a terrible game - it is different in a number of ways and for some that is not what is enjoyable - but the real reason there is no interest is because the game didn't release with and still doesn't have the proper PC level of support that the majority of the community is interested in. We understand that we can not hold a candle to the numbers that console sales will generate and that makes it hard on the financial side to support these additional features but there really truly is still a strong community here on the PC platform that is ready and willing to support your game IF you support the features that we as a PC platform are interested in. We need a game that is actually designed and optimized for our platform to take advantage of the hardware that many of us have invested so much in. We need a game that has features - some very basic and some more elaborate - that were enjoyed by so many in years past but have been slowly stripped out of the games year after year after year. We need the ability to once again setup, configure and manage our own Ranked & Unranked servers to create our own thriving gaming and clan communities that aren't limited to an "app" fighting for fictitious locations on a map. We want to host our own "clan wars" and revive competitive Call of Duty from where it first started with LAN parties/battles and competitions. We need tools! I know this one is a stretch but we need tools to promote community development and build new interest in the game to extend the life & features of the game. Yes, there are additional resources & support required of you to get these tools released and operating correctly but in the long run this has the potential to build a ton of interest in the game and revive this struggling community to where it once was and even better. You know this is true and you know this can be done. Please don't talk about doing it (like Mark Rubin - where is he by the way?) - just do it. Also, continue to create your DLC as you will for the consoles and make it available to the PC platform. You will still get sales from the DLC content and it will help extend the life of the game but the community content could make the game thrive - really thrive. Just look at talented, dedicated individuals STILL creating content for COD4 and COD:WAW. I know times have changed, technology platforms have changed and financial viewpoints on the game has changed but for the most part we - the PC platform - have not changed. We are here. We are watching what you are showing and saying. We are waiting to support you if you support us.

Sincerely,

The PC Platform

CODV-Dragon
10 REPLIES 10

this is so true!!

sad thing tho. DEVS and Publishers do not want a long lifspan anymore. They want to have a game for a year and that's it. it would be fine for me when they would do it right. Ghost is the the best example for how its not done right Smiley Frustrated PPl left almost immidiatley to previous games. We have the hardware buid around it do not try to "just" Port the game. We need at least a quality port that allows us to use our Hardware right. Console hardware works different from ours (RAM,VRAM Usage and stuff) That is why we have so many issues in Ghosts... no pointless restriction like FPS, SLI/Crossfire. Putting in ridiculously high systemrequirements will not cut it. If the time is not enough then simply do not release it. Take your time release it a month after ppl would cry at first yeah but they will be greatful for a quality game afterwards. (my opinion).

@MP we need a working anticheat at release that is for sure. you have treyarch, profit from that, they did a really good job ! Even Cheaters on so many forums saying that it was one of the best anticheats they have seen so far. That says something tbh. Sure 3arch is another Dev studio BUT pls you are all under activison and it would be a positiv step forward. (not like Mark Rubin... telling us they have something cool and dissapeared since Ghosts release)

Boertaa

Yes, Activision this is true PC is a platform, we are also players on PC, we pay the same amount of money and we do like the Call of Duty games as well as consol players (I mean for you: xbox player = cod player). So please pay attention for the PC players and the PC version as well as you do for consols, even if we haven't got a company (I mean microsoft) who pays unimaginable amounts of money for you.

theshark002

CODV-Dragon wrote:

This is a plea for the PC platform. Yes we are a platform. Our own platform. A unique platform. A different platform with a different kind of community in many ways. We really do enjoy playing Call of Duty on the PC (honestly!) but you might not be able to see that very clearly with how low player counts are in the games and by how low overall sales where across the board for COD:Ghosts.

I am not trying to take shots at COD:Ghosts (well maybe I am) but the worst ever player counts in a title this new and overall lack of interest in the series over the last few  titles really  truly is upsetting to me as a long  time COD player from the start of the series and I am sure to you in some way as a partner developer in the series.

Seeing how the last release has played out over a short time for the PC platform this surely has to reveal something to you being a developer! It's not that COD:Ghosts is a terrible game - it is different in a number of ways and for some that is not what is enjoyable - but the real reason there is no interest is because the game didn't release with and still doesn't have the proper PC level of support that the majority of the community is interested in.

We understand that we can not hold a candle to the numbers that console sales will generate and that makes it hard on the financial side to support these  additional features but there really truly is still a strong community here on the PC platform that is ready and willing to support your game IF you support the features that we as a PC platform are interested in.

We need a game that is actually designed and optimized for our platform to take advantage of the hardware that many of us have invested so much in. We need a game that has features - some very basic and some more elaborate - that were enjoyed by so many in years past but have been slowly stripped out of the games year after year after year.

We need the ability to once again setup, configure and manage our own Ranked & Unranked servers to create our own thriving gaming and clan communities that aren't limited to an "app" fighting for fictitious locations on a map. We want to host our own "clan wars" and revive competitive Call of Duty from where it first started with LAN parties/battles and competitions.

We need tools! I know this one is a stretch but we need tools to promote community development and build new interest in the game to extend the life & features of the game. Yes, there are additional resources & support required of you to get these tools released and operating correctly but in the long run this has the potential to build a ton of interest in the game and revive this struggling community to where it once was and even better.

You know this is true and you know this can be done. Please don't talk about doing it (like Mark Rubin - where is he by the way?) - just do it. Also, continue to create your DLC as you will for the consoles and make it available to the PC platform. You will still get sales from the DLC content and it will help extend the life of the game but the community content could make the game thrive - really thrive. Just look at talented, dedicated individuals STILL creating content for COD4 and COD:WAW.

I know times have changed, technology platforms have changed and financial viewpoints on the game has changed but for the most part we - the PC platform - have not changed. We are here. We are watching what you are showing and saying.

We are waiting to support you if you support us.

Sincerely,

The PC Platform

Sorry dude but I had to break your post up as I couldn't read it without loosing where I was up to.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, I cannot see most of it happening since the Call Of Duty developers have no interest in supporting the PC Community.

Look at the crap we got with Ghosts, you know that game that was supposed to be the best looking COD of all time, the smoothest game of all time thanks to the "Dedicated Servers" that were actually never in the game, the possibility of rentable servers and browser being added to the game which has not appeared and will never appear.

Sledgehammer as much as I hope they decide to support the PC community, probably will not since it's not in there interest to make a game that is playable on the pc and instead want people to switch to the console.

There will not be mod tools or mapping tools, there will also not be a server browser or rentable servers I am willing to say that now since, the developers do not want to make a successful game on the pc which will draw players away from the console game.

Also not to mention that the developers don't know how to develop properly for the pc anymore.

wierd worlds are these
in reply to wierd worlds are these

sad but also true Smiley Frustrated they announced early this year that ps4 & xboxone are their  lead-plattforms Smiley Frustrated i sure hate to see a franchise like that, that started out on pc gaming and has grown because of us and now slapping us in the face when ever they can... I also have a hard time beleiving that they gonna add such things for us.

1. MOD tools would destroy the whole purpose of DLC's#

2. as i said before, they are not looking for long lifespan, 1 year that's it next chapter

i am not gonna invest in anything before i take a closer look to the release that is for sure. if the support for PC is as bad as it was with ghosts i am done and i never will witch to consle for FPS gaming.... the trailer they released looks good but  it does not look like they have changed much besides effects. I do not have high hopes for AW as SHG is working closly with IW and IW is a big fat lie.. especially Mark rubin.

Boertaa

I bought Ghosts on my Xbox One and it was so much better on there than on the pc, it actually ran smoother, looked the same and didn't suffer from any lag really.

This game apparently is on a all new and undisclosed engine which I seriously doubt seeing as Ghosts was supposed to have been a new engine, but I guess the developers think adding something to a old engine makes it new and that is probably the case here as well.

I will wait for the Multiplayer details to come out before I make my choice on whether I buy this or not, I want to be able to buy it but if it's not got the support that we pc gamers need then it will be a no buy for me.

wierd worlds are these
in reply to wierd worlds are these

ye the port is outright horrible and an insult to the PC communitySmiley Frustrated (ie those system requirements... simply not justified)not like we pay less for our games...!  lack of intrest in a quality port and maybe skills aswell i do not know. We started out without anticheat,horrible lags and massive stuttering and almost no reaction of them. they fixed a few things but still the peaople are gone.

they always say new engine but in fact it is always a heavily modified quake engine from 1996. sure you can call it a new engine by now^^  but it is simply limited and outdated. they never made sth out of scratch and that is a shame for such a big, the biggest franchise in this industry!

Tons of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare details emerge - GameSpot

Boertaa

COD on PC would be much more popular on PC if the local split-screen multiplayer was not removed, PC is a living room experience for many now, the line between consoles and PC's is almost completely blurred... Who the hell wants to buy half a game on PC but still have to pay the same price as the console version with all features! PC is about having more options not less.

Please support this even if your not a great fan of split-screen, currently on PC the only good 4 player FPS games we have is Unreal Tournament 3, Family Guy -Back to the Multiverse, Serious Sam 1, 2, 3 BFE, Revolution... Please help get at least One! Call of Duty game split-screen multiplayer Local Split-Screen Multiplayer for PC! c'mon PLEASE!

Tontonronton

I sincerely hope Activision and Sledgehammer will actually care enough for the PC platform to make it stable and playable with no issues unlike Ghosts which had some issues, albeit still playable. I mean, I wouldn't complain so much if the player count wasn't incredibly low on Ghosts, which at it's peak reaches around 5K-6K unlike consoles like Xbox 360 which is in the tens of thousands. This shows that the requirements were too high and therefore no players could play it. Ghosts doesn't even require a 6GB ram. Ironically, Call of Duty began on PC...

But please, Activision and Sledgehammer, I beg of you, if you put care and time into the PC version of Advanced Warfare, people will play it and sales will go up. This platform is still a platform...

SuspciousScout

Your talking about old news, they have tried this. My opinion is that it is to easy to rig a competition on PC because it is so easy to create cheats for the platform. People can be charging players real $$ to join into some rigged competition that they are hosting. If I was a dev why would I ever want to give someone the opportubity to do that to the community?

So unfortunately I too would strip these features out of the PC games so people can't take advantage of others in this way.

It's just way to easy to organize and pull off a rigged (pay to play event) making yourself a bunch of money while cheating people out of a fair chance of winning because your servers are rigged/modded or whatever.

Forget about PC it is a cheaters platform. The 2 dozen sites selling cheats for every game should tell you what most of the community is wanting to do on PC---> (cheat)

CODV-Dragon wrote:

This is a plea for the PC platform. Yes we are a platform. We need a game that is actually designed and optimized for our platform to take advantage of the hardware that many of us have invested so much in. We need a game that has features - some very basic and some more elaborate - that were enjoyed by so many in years past but have been slowly stripped out of the games year after year after year. We need the ability to once again setup, configure and manage our own Ranked & Unranked servers to create our own thriving gaming and clan communities that aren't limited to an "app" fighting for fictitious locations on a map. We want to host our own "clan wars" and revive competitive Call of Duty from where it first started with LAN parties/battles and competitions.

Sincerely,

The PC Platform

Mr_Pistolero

Studios