Install textures to HDD?

Advanced Warfare PlayStation 3

Install textures to HDD?

In Ghosts on PS3, the loading time for textures was about 5-6 seconds, i'm guessing that's why the countdown timer was extended compared to previous cod titles. Also noticed running around the map sometimes objects will suddenly appear as they were slow to load. Only solution I found was installing an SSD hard drive in my PS3.

This problem was absent in Black Ops 2 as there was an option to install textures. Text on the walls appear to be clearer on Black Ops 2 compared to Ghosts.

Will Advance Warfare have the option to install textures to HDD on PS3?

Level 1
5 REPLIES

Re: Install textures to HDD?

in reply to ItsKapow

Hello ItsKapow, I do not know if you will have the option to install textures to the HDD on PS3, but my suggestion is to EMail Sledgehammer games on their support page and ask them if you can.

Level 2

in reply to ItsKapow

With Black Ops 2 the install textures to hard drive option was awesome - saved a ton of wear and tear on the Blu-Ray drives of millions of PS3's.  Thanks to David Vonderhaar for listening to community feedback on this one.

I talked to Mark Rubin (IW Executive Producer) personally about including this option for Ghosts but for some unknown reason IW chose not to include it.

Still not sure if I'm going to get a PS4 for this new title or not.

RobsStang

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

I hope it does, ps3 loads faster, makes less noise, and last longer that way, and call of duty ghost sucked I sold it after a couple of months and play black ops 2, black ops mw2 and mw3 now because I like those games

Level 1

in reply to ItsKapow

can anyone who has the game confirm if there is the texture option????

Level 11

in reply to UCD_27991163017

There isn't. Sadly.

Level 14

Studios