PS3 - PS4 what transfers....?

SOLVED

Advanced Warfare Support

OK have finally taken the plunge and ordered a PS4...

Have decided the only way to enjoy NEW COD is on a NEW Console, having played AW on PS3 and PS4 it's finally made my mind up and fully expecting BO3 to be next gen only...

WHAT I DO KNOW:

All progress and rank transfers and weapon/challenge stats transfer, you can continue to level up on either PS3 or PS4 and it will sync (as long as you are on the same PSN account)

WHAT I DON'T KNOW-  QUESTIONS PLEASE?

Does your Armoury sync between PS3 and PS4?

Does your DLC sync automatically and become available for PS4 if purchased for PS3 via PS Store?

Do Extra Armory Slots sync automatically and become available for PS4 if purchased for PS3 via PS Store?

Do Emblems transfer?

Thanks in advance..... Mavis

MavisCruet
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would presume it's a similar system as the Xbox 360 to the One.

All the items in your armoury transfer.

All your create a class selections should stay the same.

Any digital content purchased on the PS3 should be available for you to download on the PS4 at no cost.

Any emblems or playercards unlocked will also transfer across.

If you decide to switch playing between systems everything should transfer between consoles seemlessly, any weapons you unlock through supply drops, your multiplayer progress and challenge progress.

Hopefully someone who is using PS3 and PS4 to do this will be able to confirm this properly, as I'm on Xbox unfortunately.

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator
10 REPLIES 10

I would presume it's a similar system as the Xbox 360 to the One.

All the items in your armoury transfer.

All your create a class selections should stay the same.

Any digital content purchased on the PS3 should be available for you to download on the PS4 at no cost.

Any emblems or playercards unlocked will also transfer across.

If you decide to switch playing between systems everything should transfer between consoles seemlessly, any weapons you unlock through supply drops, your multiplayer progress and challenge progress.

Hopefully someone who is using PS3 and PS4 to do this will be able to confirm this properly, as I'm on Xbox unfortunately.

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator

The only thing that doesn't transfer are achievements. ANy campaign mode, Zombies, or Survival achievements need to be re-earned.  I found that out the hard way...

FiftyDETH

Thanks for this, don't play zombies or survival that much so thats all cool, may have to redo the campaign though as that will annoy me...

Still at least on PS4 it'll look so much better!

MavisCruet

I replayed the campaign mode and got all the achievements.  It was actually kind of fun going through it again.  Yes, the graphics were incredible too. Some of the achievements were not easy.  The take no damage and hit no obstacles with your hover bike in Detroit drove me crazy...again. I forgot what a great story it is too. One of my favorites so far.

FiftyDETH

Thanks tracy very helpful indeed.

MavisCruet
Highlighted

does it still work in 2019?

WolfGamerNL

Quick update - waiting for my shiny new PS4 to arrive then i'll confirm what has transferred across......

but thanks all for your help.

MavisCruet

Thanks tracy    almost 100% - only thing which didn't transfer as per your answer was Emblems, but the rest did.

and OH MY GOD what a difference, had forgotten just how amazing the game looks on Next Gen, the graphics and smoothing of textures is amazing, and Exo Cloak is an all together different experience...

So in short i've lost emblems, campaign, Zombies and Exo Survival Progress but thats it.

Had to re-download DLC Season Pass and Micro DLC transactions (nanotech exo etc) but all showed as purchased already..

MavisCruet

you'll be even more impressed when you get a game that's next gen only. The ps4 is a very solid console. My only gripe (with both consoles ) is the HD is waaay too small.  Particularly I'd you like to play a wide variety of games.

gotsomestars Level 75

Studios