Lets just call this the first MP reveal thread. Hopefully we can keep it to one thread. Thoughts ?

Advanced Warfare Xbox One

Lets just call this the first MP reveal thread. Hopefully we can keep it to one thread. Thoughts ?

Just saw the MP reveal. Hope we can keep it to a single thread instead of hundreds.

Best way so far is one the ONE thru the website in the IE app.

While I think its great that you got TF style jumps I will say this. First I actually like the total difference in gameplay shown. Not just the standard running around. That will help the game feel cooler for me.

I am expecting a LOT of players to hate it for many reasons.  One of those is from the VERY obvious gameplay difference in the MP reveal. So now you people cant complain when the game comes out and its totally different.

For example in the MP reveal you can see major Titanfall style jumping but even in a LAN based game (which I am assuming it is in the video0 You can see a lot of OHKs (in the players POV) from shotguns and stuff from across the map.

Level 72
9 REPLIES

Re: Lets just call this the first MP reveal thread. Thoughts ?

in reply to starbuckfrack

I'm torn on the Halo style jumping. I am not a fan of the halo style multiplayer and I'm not sure what I will think of it in COD...however I welcome the change. I play Titanfall and don't mind the jetpack so I'm guessing it won't be too bad but it is a big change for COD with the verticality and the boosting features. I'm excited to continue to hear all the details of all the perks and guns but overall I thought the game looked pretty good and I'm hoping it will provide some good and much needed change into COD multiplayer.

I'm still waiting to hear about all the clan functionality.

Level 33

Re: Lets just call this the first MP reveal thread. Thoughts ?

The game screams Black Ops 2 with new content.

It has a Black Ops 2 recycled look and feel about it 100%.

The new content looks like it was ripped from Halo, Titanfall or Destiny.

AW looks faster paced than Ghosts.

I enjoyed Black Ops 2.

Sick of Ghosts.

Level 2

Re: Lets just call this the first MP reveal thread. Hopefully we can keep it to one thread. Thoughts ?

As someone said in another thread, I am going to take this game as not a COD per se but a separate game from the franchise.

That's just me though as I have played COD from COD4 onwards so that's the style I know.

From first looks it seems like a Titanfall style prequel which I am not opposed to - should be pretty interesting to see how the mechanics work and feel.

Dash feature looks cool, that's going to be some fun. 

Not sure about that OHK pistol... I can see that as being a dominant weapon even with a single shot per mag. If they have Fast Hand's or something it may be as simple as try that first shot then quickly switch to Primary and go from there.

Even more interesting will be how it is picked up by the community.

Level 38

Re: Lets just call this the first MP reveal thread. Hopefully we can keep it to one thread. Thoughts ?

In my opinion, AW looks like a much better version of BO2 or Titanfall. Dash and jumping have directional control which looks skillful and better than a standard double jump. I'm assuming the game has unlimited sprint default since marathon was not present. I like that tac insert and stationary equipment are not present. I liked the weapon variety. Dual wield weapons are back, new energy weapons, and iron sights for snipers. However, I don't particularly like how grenades are launched instead of thrown in an arc. Also, I disliked all of the exo abilities. They remind me of armor abilities from Halo which is one of the reasons that Halo died. The thought of a sniper camping the back corner of a map with camo just comes to mind. I am sure I will be able to adapt, but the community is not as forgiving. As for danger close, it looks like you can easily dodge grenades and the speed of the game seems fast enough to where you can counter it. However, the grenades that act as C4 where you double tap X may become a problem so we will have to wait and see. The killstreaks shown looked exciting and balanced plus the added layer of customization. Overall, I'm very exited for Advanced Warfare. This was a much needed change of pace after Ghosts, and I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Level 15

in reply to AlteredVista

"As others have stated, Advanced Warfare is not a traditional Call of Duty game, and should not be taken as such:"

Well This thread didnt exist BEFORE I saw the video so that point would be mute. Nor would that point matter if I have not looked at the AW forums or saw other videos would it ?

I said Halo but meant to say Titanfall. Didnt notice the typo til you said something Dont know where the word Halo came from either because I played Halo Reach for 10 minutes and hated it.

Level 72

Okay, another user also mentioned Halo, but I'll remove the first paragraph now since it was just a typo on your part and created a misunderstanding.

Level 15

Just saw a video of sniping gameplay in the game and it definitely looks cool.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer - SNIPING Gameplay & Quick Scoping! (COD 2014 Sniper) - Y...

Level 72

Well according to Sledgehammer they are now putting in a whole playlist for those who might not like the exo ability's.

It will include TDM, DOM, and a couple of other modes without any of the exo,s. It will be like regular COD.

Does not make any sense to me if this is the main reason they put this game out to change the COD look and gameplay and then just put in a playlist without any of the new ability,s in which the game is being highlighted for.

Level 3

I couldn't give a rats ass about the new game breaking verticality bollox, i just want them to make sure that this game runs nothing like the last two CoD games online with bloody awful hit detection and lag, i have been playing CoD since Call of Duty 2 days and have seen the rise and fall of this franchise. I play mainly online with these games and i hope they have sorted the online out, i am getting sick and tired of been promised the best online experience ever in CoD only to be let down dramatically with the same old crap, game after game.

Level 8

Studios