Sugestion for Advanced Warfare

Advanced Warfare Xbox One

Sugestion for Advanced Warfare

While Ghosts used some dedicated servers along with player hosting for multiplayer, I feel that Advanced Warfare should have more dedicated servers for multiplayer matches than what Ghosts used. Dedicated servers eliminate host advantage and gives everyone in the lobby a more equal footing connection wise. While it won't solve everything when it comes to people's connections, it would be a step in the right direction. I know that it's early to discuss this topic, but I feel that it's important to discuss this to help shape the multiplayer of AW.

Does anyone else want to see more dedicated servers in use for Advanced Warfare and why?

Level 11
21 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Sugestion for Advanced Warfare

in reply to Xxace789xX

I don't know what we had or what we will have but I don't have many connectivity issues in Ghosts. Whatever Titanfall is using is wonderful.

As long as "host disadvantage" doesn't enter my mind like in BO2, I'm good.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

There was totally host advantage and lag compensation in Call of Duty Ghosts. While the game might not be a broken mess like Battlefield 4 was at launch for some people, and while it might not have had a lot of connection losses at launch, there was still some latency issues even if they were not extremely severe...

Level 1

in reply to Nitrobenzene

If there's anything I've learned, everyone has a different experience when it comes to connectivity and every game has lag compensation. Keep in mind, I live in New York............ I'ld guess a very high populated area as far as multiplayer

For me.......... BO2 everything ran very smooth (no visible lag) but felt like I couldn't win gunfights. After lots of rage quitting, there was almost always a host migration (my theory of host disadvantage). It was like this until the spring and then there was an update that completely eliminated this feeling and host migrations magically disappeared. Possibly because........ Dedicated Servers BO2

For me..........Ghosts ran very smooth with some visible rubber band lag at the beginning. Gunfights always felt fair or correct, and I could honestly count the number of host migrations on my fingers over 16 days of multi play. I'm going to say, I played mostly on dedi's.

If AW is anything like the Ghosts connectivity I encountered, I'ld be extremely happy. I understand there are people that might have experienced the complete opposite with these two games and respect they might have a different request when it comes to AW.

Level 75

in reply to Xxace789xX

if they this call of duty to be "the new era" than they should do everything that they have never done before, and I'm not talking about little bits and pieces...change the entire game! make it look like that its not a call of duty that we used to play, make it totally different.

Level 1

in reply to Taylortvy

If it takes a certain ingredient combination to make an apple pie and you remove one of those ingredients.. it's not an apple pie. What you are saying is you don't want a Call of Duty game.

Level 5

in reply to Taylortvy

I think they have. But its like taking the goals out of fifa and lobbin a grenade on the pitch...you wouldnt want to change it completely. Even tho sledge seem to have done with this new slice of hokum!!

Level 16

in reply to Xxace789xX

COD Advance Warfare, should be fashioned around the same game play that was in MW3. I feel like the COD series has gone away from that style where I think they had very much success. If AW is anything like MW3, I plan on logging a lot of hours, unlike in Ghost.

Level 1

in reply to Xxace789xX

totally agree with you. The way titanfall is run is a must for future cod games the p2p hosting is getting worse. Ghosts was the worst game because of this instant deaths no hit markers couldnt string 3or4 good games together? All caused by bad hosting from bad connection. For serious gamers servers make sure the games run smooth and theres no advantage. I play titanfall a lot and havent noticed any of the bull sh++ that happened on ghosts. If i get killed its fair i dont complain i know im getting shot and ghosts it was so bad i didnt even know half the time i was getting shot just instantly killed even though the killcam showed the player putting 7-8 bullets in me.

Level 5

in reply to DudditsII

what ive read is they were offered microsoft dedicated server ( for a price probably) but they refused them for whatever reason. this was a very bad decision on there part especially now those who have played titanfall have had a taste of what dedicated servers offer u as a gamer.  im COD through and through have been for years but ghosts has just crippled my faith in the series and its all due to crappy hosting.

Level 1

Studios