Supply Drop Hung: Won't Open?

Advanced Warfare Xbox One

Would like to know why the supply drop that I received will not open...  Further to that, I believe that it is stopping me from getting any future supply drops...  Anyone else with this problem and how did you fix...?

TrnkMonkey
20 REPLIES 20

dex1961

Hard reset worked for me when I experienced that.

TigerGenetics1

Hey there TrnkMonkey!

Can you check your armory and make sure you have enough room? You can redeem certain items for EXP! Once you make the room, you should be able to open up the Supply Drops.

Now if you can't open them after that, clearing your game cache can help. On the Xbox One, you can hold down the Xbox button on the Console for 10 seconds. A different sound will occur and you can let go.

Let us know if this helps ^DD

Community Coordinator

Since one of the most recent updates, if your armory is full it will actually tell you that you must clear items from your armory in order to open the Supply Drop.  I have experienced both what he is talking about, and what I just posted.  It sounds like he is experiencing a minor glitch that I had to hard reset my console to clear.  Hopefully OP can shed more light.

TigerGenetics1

i also have a supply drop that wont budge, i can get newer supply drops to open but one i had since around the time of the last patch just sits there and if i try to open it it just hangs but will never move or delete... ps i have cleared cashe , hard reset cleared game memory (xbone)

hobogobo

nearly a month on and the bloody supply drop is still there others come and open fine but not this one

hobogobo
Highlighted

My son has one of those too.  It's been there for about a week.  He can open new ones that he gets and he has room in his armory but it won't open.  Any new resolutions for this?

NinjaTurtlexxxx

It's an extremely rare bug from what I can see, and I'll break your heart right now (this goes for anyone here getting this) - the harder it is to replicate by the in-house support team at SHG (or ANY developer on ANY game ever), the longer it will take to get any sort of fix... if it ever gets one. There are countless rare and annoying glitches and bugs that have appeared in CoD titles over the years, affecting all of maybe 100 people (we can only really estimate based on the limited number of bug threads pertaining to it) per game, that never get fixed because whatever the hell happened couldn't be replicated by the update/patch team. They couldn't figure out how it happened, therefor there was absolutely zero way to fix it for those people.

Also, rare and limited glitches/bugs get the lowest priority as well as taking a long time to figure out... this sort of explains why many never get fixed.

From my perspective, this could actually be a glitch within individual CoD Accounts (something is not calculating correctly when you preform an action that auto-saves; ie. opening a Supply Drop, Finishing a Match, Getting a Kill, etc.), in which case the only real fix is for them to reset your account and clearing its stuck data.. which would suck because it would not only mean everything you did on AW is zeroed back to as if you've never played the game, but everything you did on any CoD since the first Black Ops would be zeroed out as well... >.< let's hope this is just a rare isolated glitch, because if you think you're mad now...

EJKHunter

ps3 reset (off n back on) worked for me

IsaiahTheBudder

Studios