70 Kill TDM Challenge.

Black Ops 3 General Discussion

Did anyone ever complete this challenge? I know Scumpi is still trying to do it and Nadeshot is also trying but both haven't gotten it yet. I completed this challenge a few days ago and it was quite easy for me. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01Wsj4qOhw

What is your highest amount of kills in TDM?

Captain_Shock
7 REPLIES 7

Holy crap man.... That was awesome. I just watched a few more of your videos as well... very good information. I wonder... do you have any text to go along with the videos? I'm a reader as well as a visual learner and I would love some text analysis on each map. 

BlackNikes20

Thank you! That's a good idea about the text. But can you understand my accent just out of curiosity?

@BlackNikes20 wrote:

Holy crap man.... That was awesome. I just watched a few more of your videos as well... very good information. I wonder... do you have any text to go along with the videos? I'm a reader as well as a visual learner and I would love some text analysis on each map. 

Captain_Shock

-Double post deleted, error on my internet.

Captain_Shock

got 66 about back in march on a  solo tdm.

Putting up 70+ kills is not "easy", and off putting to start a video saying that it is. Unless being cocky is your shtick, then you have to take it that route as a character i guess but mixing cockiness with humbleness is a strange combo. Congrats on the score though.

Also, I have to say it would have been nice if you elaborated a little with your video. (i didn't have audio so not sure about the commentary). But the tactics were a run n gun with combat focus and wraith, raps, mothership. I wouldn't really describe that as a tactic becuase most people cannot do that to the effectiveness of 70+. 

WHISKEY7JONES23

Actually it was easy for me, I was referring to the challenge set for YouTubers. I see so many of them struggling to get it, and Optic Scumpi is the best slayer in COD. However, if you did listen to the commentary, I set a guide on how to play Hunted and the strategies and tactics used to play the map. I followed that to a T and then got the 74KD gameplay. So it's not run n gun, but it may seem like that from someone who didn't listen to the commentary or check the link in the description. Thanks though, appreciate all the feedback!

@WHISKEY7JONES23 wrote:

got 66 about back in march on a  solo tdm.

Putting up 70+ kills is not "easy", and off putting to start a video saying that it is. Unless being cocky is your shtick, then you have to take it that route as a character i guess but mixing cockiness with humbleness is a strange combo. Congrats on the score though.

Also, I have to say it would have been nice if you elaborated a little with your video. (i didn't have audio so not sure about the commentary). But the tactics were a run n gun with combat focus and wraith, raps, mothership. I wouldn't really describe that as a tactic becuase most people cannot do that to the effectiveness of 70+. 

Captain_Shock

Impressive gameplay, no doubt. So please don't take anything I have to say personally or as an insult, just pointing out a few things.

This video perfectly demonstrates why I get so frustrated when my TDM teammates don't run classes with Blind Eye/ Cold Blooded. I know some consider these "passive" streaks, but when kills matter being invisible to Aerial Scorestreaks and Ground Based Scorestreaks is HUGE. I have never played guys like you played in this round, who just ran willy nilly outside when Wraiths and Motherships were in the air or RAPs were rolling around.  You got 74 kills but a score of only 3615, which means more than half of your kills  were gotten via kill streak. I've had games with far less kills with more score than that, because I got the kills myself. I don't often run lethal streaks, as  they have just never been my preference. If I run support streaks, I feel like I help the team as a whole do better. 

Again, not a knock on you, but the other team had to have been completely brainless as they kept running to their slaughter at the hands of your streaks... not to mention not even attempting to take them down. Just horrible gameplay and tactics on their part. Almost fishy, to be honest. 

Other than that, good tips offered for strategy on that map. I think too few people know how to move in TDM, running blindly around corners and not pre-aiming or firing corners and doorways. Even worse, they make the same mistakes over and over again,  which frustrates me to no end.

Congrats on the challenge.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75
Highlighted

@NiceDrewishFela wrote:

Impressive gameplay, no doubt. So please don't take anything I have to say personally or as an insult, just pointing out a few things.

This video perfectly demonstrates why I get so frustrated when my TDM teammates don't run classes with Blind Eye/ Cold Blooded. I know some consider these "passive" streaks, but when kills matter being invisible to Aerial Scorestreaks and Ground Based Scorestreaks is HUGE. I have never played guys like you played in this round, who just ran willy nilly outside when Wraiths and Motherships were in the air or RAPs were rolling around.  You got 74 kills but a score of only 3615, which means more than half of your kills  were gotten via kill streak. I've had games with far less kills with more score than that, because I got the kills myself. I don't often run lethal streaks, as  they have just never been my preference. If I run support streaks, I feel like I help the team as a whole do better. 

Again, not a knock on you, but the other team had to have been completely brainless as they kept running to their slaughter at the hands of your streaks... not to mention not even attempting to take them down. Just horrible gameplay and tactics on their part. Almost fishy, to be honest. 

Other than that, good tips offered for strategy on that map. I think too few people know how to move in TDM, running blindly around corners and not pre-aiming or firing corners and doorways. Even worse, they make the same mistakes over and over again,  which frustrates me to no end.

Congrats on the challenge.

Thank you! Yea for the purpose of the challenge, you want to use high kill streaks and not gun kills to get a 70+Kill TDM game. That's why the score reflects that. Nobody really uses cold blooded and blind eye in TDM, myself including but I do have a cold blooded class just incase I join a game in progress with streaks. Those guys had the Wraith, Raps and a Mothership to deal with so trying to even shoot it down would be futile and sometimes you just need that bit of luck for everything to go right. I purposely manipulated the spawns to have them spawn in the open areas. If you check out my videos you can see how to influence the spawns also. If it wasnt such an open map then it would be a lot more difficult for the kill streaks to got to work. Also these guys were communicating and trying to kill me as seen in the videos. However, when you get to a certain level, you make players look really bad even though they might be decent players normally. I have a 4.4KD and over a 5WL close and I make +3KD guys rage quit all the time. As long as you understand the foundations and have strats and tactics, it's really easy to break people apart in this game.

Captain_Shock

Studios