Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?

SOLVED

Black Ops 3 General Discussion

Highlighted

Re: Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?

in reply to Izjar11

I think that the problem is the lack of showers in the maps.  Nobody wants to be considered the "dirty camper".  So if we just get some working showers installed, maybe just maybe we can make a distinguishment between the dirty and the clean campers.  The showers need to include soap/shampoo but if you want body spray or hair conditioner you'll need to spend a squad point.  Seems fair to me.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

HAHAHA brilliant!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?

in reply to Izjar11
Solution
‎14-11-2013 12:42 PM

LOL Preach on!

I believe those 2 have become the de facto excuse for anything bad happening in any COD game. You can't get into any game without someone blaming campers or lag for their reasons for losing and because almost everyone does it, when you get killed, just say it was lag or a camper and you are excused.

With this game though, based on what I believe is happening, is that as long as you have a good connection, you will have a good day. Those who are having a legit problem with lag in this game probably have connections that are not optimal, whether due to a bad set up or location.

As far as camping goes, I have always called camping those who sit in corners ADSing. For the most part, due to the wide openness of the maps and multiple paths, camping is no longer a viable option for doing good. I do not call camping holding down one building as most buildings have multiple paths to get inside. If you are going down the same route to get in the building multiple times and the enemy sat there taking you out over and over, I blame you.

What the complainers fail to realize is that there are multiple reasons for someone to take cover, such as hearing you coming, reloading, changing classes, etc. So they end up killed by the "camper" and since they view their "mad skillz" as perfection, there is no way they could have been outsmarted by some "stoopid camper".

Level 40

in reply to TheBeastlyDude

Right on Beast!

Level 48

in reply to Izjar11

Reality !

Level 5

in reply to TheBeastlyDude
I can agree with a lot of that, but there are cases where a lag occurs, visible pre-death and in the kill cam. I'm not defending people who always hide behind lag. And also, camping is just the practice of sitting in one location to pick off enemies. Map designs have no effect on that. Even if it isn't always optimal to do so, it is still camping if someone is sitting in one small space for an extended duration of time. BO3 does tend to have horrible lag issues. Just yesterday me and my friend were playing splitscreen and the enemies kept lagging on our screen. We ended up victorious in two or three matches against them, so you can beat lag, but it's a lot easier if you have a good connection or whatever the problem was. It seemed like a match-wide problem, not just us as we saw their bars drop in the Ping section of the scoreboard here and there as well. Overall though the OP has a point. A lot of people blame lag when they don't have any. I've seen my aforementioned friend playing online without splitscreen and he would call lag when it was flawless, at least from where I was sitting. Last thing I want to clarify is camping is still viable on plenty of maps. Though you will do MUCH better if you have teammates watching different entrances at different angles around you. Plenty of people still camp, and it's a practice that isn't likely to die out anytime soon.
PSN:Lights_Paladin
XBL:ImDeathsLullaby
Steam:You've Activated My Trap Card!
Level 9

in reply to Izjar11

I think its because they're not doing well at the game so they blame it on forces out of their control. Yeah, they went 3 and 15... but they were lagging and everyone else was camping, so its not their fault.

Level 35

in reply to Izjar11

i actually love the game!, but I do notice a fair amount of campers.. I am thinking it is because people do not know the maps and knwo how to predict enemy movement yet, but it can be frustrating.. i think the maps a great, as long as everyone is moving, and when everyone is, its a very fun experience

Level 10

in reply to W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

W_E_A_P_0_N_11_ wrote:

i actually love the game!, but I do notice a fair amount of campers.. I am thinking it is because people do not know the maps and knwo how to predict enemy movement yet, but it can be frustrating.. i think the maps a great, as long as everyone is moving, and when everyone is, its a very fun experience

This is true, the amount of stagnant players is obvious, but that's whats funny they are stagnant, someone moving is much more difficult to beat than the one staying still. Good response.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

when players do bad they look for excuses so no one laughs at them and using these two words has become a norm

i went bad cause they were camping with IEDs and IMSs

Don't think your good you MEX i was lagging

and so on so forth..........

Level 20

Studios