Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?

SOLVED

Black Ops 3 General Discussion

Re: Lag and Camping: Correlation or Excuse?

in reply to Izjar11

frankly, idk why people complain about lagg. for it it's a HUUUUGE improvement over bo2 lagg wise. yes I have been killed in some shitty situations which were obviously caused by lagg, but only rarely. I think it happened like 5-10 times in 35h of playing, while in bo2 it happened non stop. Campers will camp. there were campers in BO2 and there are campers in ghosts. Do they annoy me ? yeah, they push my buttons like nothing else. But that's not the fault of the game, it's the fault of the players. I have no problem whatsoever with someone holding on a line of sight with a sniper rifle. what annoys me are idiots who camp in the farthest corner of the map where no one ever comes, and are ads'ing, waiting for someone to come. those are the people who end up with 3-4 at the end of te match. I really enjoy the game and contrary to others, I LOVE the big maps. it opens up a lot of possibilities and different play styles.

Level 3

in reply to Izjar11

Because it's not their fault, it's never their fault. They do bad, it can't be because they're not nearly as good as they think they are. It has to be campers and lag.

Level 75

in reply to Izjar11
Solution
Accepted by topic author Izjar11
‎16-11-2016 05:04 PM

In BO2 I encountered a truck load of lag/latency. I actually found that it was a better option to be on the move rather than camp. Get around that corner first and you can make lag work for you. Camping in a corner sometimes gave my opponent an advantage -   they would "see" me first. Swings and roundabouts - sometimes you're better off just accepting lag being part of any online experience. If frustration overrides enjoyment turn over to the sport channel

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

I get alittle lag but the camping issue amuses me..i get messeges a lot because I camp but that's cause im older and my reflexed really aren't what they use to be so camping makes life much easier for me lol

Level 1

in reply to Izjar11

brought back this old thread because it seems the old ad hoc responses are back.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

can u help me with bo3 i'm having huge lag and fpss drop on pc

Level 1

[ Edited ]
in reply to Izjar11
Solution
Accepted by topic author Izjar11
‎16-11-2016 05:04 PM

I amg etting older, and I can honestly admit that I've lost a step or two.  That being said, I don't blame campers-it's a legit strategy it always has been it always will be.  What I do blame is the act that there are players who intentionally dork up their connections to gain a clear advantage in these games.  You wanna cry foul and claim cry baby go right ahead, but the player base in these games is steadily diminshing-the only salvation is that the more recent games have been tareting a younger audience and thereby gaining new players to replace the disgruntled previous players.

As I said, claim cry baby and git gud all you want but I have the ability to watch gameplay footage and when I see players stuttering around the map, and deaths are instantaneous with player visibility that corresponds to a ridiculous kill-cam of 1.5 + seconds or more of the player just trying to kill me, come on?  Keep denying the claims of foul play that's cool.  Just remember more and more people are getting fed up with the crap that is happening in these competitive online games, and more and more companies are starting to realize that you can't just keep lowering TTK in order to cover up for exploits in the way a game handles network traffic.  I remember the joke that was the call out of BF4 OOR advatage in the summer of 2015, Dice locked the reddit post in just about 3 hours after it was inundated with video evidence from games evincing exactly what they were calling the community out on much like you are doing here.  After that, it was all about how they were doing all they could.

Admittedly, it sucks when you get outplayed, especially when you're tired and just want to have some fun.  It's downright infuriating when you can't do anything but just get ***** on because all of the top players in almost every lobby are sub 4 bar players and even if they read a stable connection you watch the most stutter-infested jarring kill-cams that amount to a slide show of the greatest hits of their actions for the 3 seconds that they killed you.

Level 9

I know exactly what you mean. Just yesterday I was playing hardcore tdm on nuk3town, when the top two players on the enemy team were three barring running circles around our spawn getting so many kills because you spawned, saw them, and pressed the shoot button but died. I easily died 6 or more times in a row and still was spawning there and couldn't even hipfire, let alone aim. They were the only ones in the entire match who were lagging. I eventually left because I got tired of being killed by spawncamping three barring pieces of *****.

PSN:Lights_Paladin
XBL:ImDeathsLullaby
Steam:You've Activated My Trap Card!
Level 9

in reply to Lights_Paladin

@Lights_Paladin I swear ever since I switched to a gaming monitor I don't have issues with people like that, any kind of controller that you can shorten trigger pulls will help too. I just figured I'd do everything I could to reduce input lag and reaction time to counteract people who play on crap internet. 

Brian Rooks
Level 62

in reply to Brian25savannah
I play on a flatscreen. I use a standard dualshock 4 ps4 controller. I don't have the best things available but I don't think I have a terrible setup.
PSN:Lights_Paladin
XBL:ImDeathsLullaby
Steam:You've Activated My Trap Card!
Level 9

Studios