See...it really is just a bunch of 1's and 0's!

Black Ops 3 General Discussion

I got started down the online gaming road toward the end of the MW3 cycle so I don't go back very far.  I never did play COD4 but have read several comments in the past about how much folks seem to like it.  I though I might take a temperature reading here and ask those who did play this version of COD what they think about the potential re-mastering of it for PS4.  The speculation is that it will be part of a "Legacy" package in the upcoming "Infinite Warfare" title in November.  

If IW continues the current trend set by AW and BO3 as futuristic warefare game play in "Infinite Warfare", will the re-mastering of an Old School COD (namely COD4) answer the prayers of those wanting a throw back to the days before b-joosting?   If so, did they pick the right one to remaster?   There is also some muttering of a remaster of MW2.  Thoughts on that? 

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75
12 REPLIES 12

For years I played the campaign only for all of the titles until I had reliable internet and could finally play MW3 online on the Xbox 360.  By that time, COD4 and MW2 had hackers in so many games that it was not fun at all to even attempt. 

I'm REALLY hoping that COD4 has a multiplayer for the PS4/Xbox One.  My fear is that it will be released as a refreshed campaign only, which would really suck.  Activision would be wise to have a company port the old game to new gen.  Hopefully they do NOT add supply drops to a fan favorite game like this.................but they could.

I'm actually more excited about playing the old games on the Xbox One than Infinity Warfare.  I still have COD4 on the 360, so hopefully it will qualify as a Games with Gold backwards compatible title and I won't have to spend extra money (crossing my fingers).  The Modern Warfare series was my favorite, so I would love MW2 & MW3 as well.

T0XIC JERMS
It's my favorite one so far without a doubt. Times do change however. The chances it will be a full game are unlikely though. It will probably be a campaign add on. This is all speculation however so don't take my word. I'm as excited as anyone and will play the campaign 5 more times. I can still remember the first time I had to turn on my night vision goggles in the game. Mind was blown and the game never stopped amazing me.
Despising cheaters since 1970
bighead14701 Level 75
It's my favorite one so far without a doubt. Times do change however. The chances it will be a full game are unlikely though. It will probably be a campaign add on. This is all speculation however so don't take my word. I'm as excited as anyone and will play the campaign 5 more times. I can still remember the first time I had to turn on my night vision goggles in the game. Mind was blown and the game never stopped amazing me.
Despising cheaters since 1970
bighead14701 Level 75

I don't understand why they'd include a remastered old CoD with the new upcoming game. I don't think there'd be any prizes for guessing which one would see the most action...

RL317 Level 75

I think Nostalgia is great, but the Novelty would wear off.

I loved COD4... but played it a lot. The newer generation of players won't appreciate it, and the older generation will quickly realize they've been there, done that before and look for the new game or something else.

Plus, once connectivity issues rear their ugly head or the same old issues COD4 had arise once more, the complaints will come rolling in.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I think it's a smart move by IW... if true (I hate unofficial leaks). Since there is a sect of Ghosts haters and also a sect of anti- scifi CoD players... the Modern Warfare name itself will make players want to get their hands on it.

I think it will just be a campaign similar to how IW included "Classic CoD" with one of the MW2 editions.

As some one who doesn't have much issue playing the current CoD title no matter where the devs choose to take it.... I hope it is just a campaign and the population in the next title is high.

I also think if there is a MW remastered multi... it will be very different and that rose tint will turn to red rage. Players memories will be shattered with disgust and IW will get more hate for not only failing at making a good new game... but destroying the "best one" ever. Smiley LOL

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75
I would love to see cod 4 remastered, as long as they dont add new weapons or supply drop items. It was the first cod I ever played and I played it right up untill black ops. I would still play it today if it wasnt hacked so much. I think I like the simplicity of it and the small amount of perks/streaks available.
KnifeOnlyNz

great game problem is you have to buy the new game to get it till thwey release it on the stores i love how they play it off like its a exclusive when its not 

IIDoomSlayerII

http://charlieintel.com/2016/04/29/clear-call-duty-infinite-warfare-poster-leaked/

Well, this looks official enough for me.  I'm honestly very excited about it except for the fact that there are only  10 multiplayer maps............DLC to be determined later??

Really hope that they allow a free download to the Xbox 1 if you still have the 360 disc; that would be awesome for backwards compatibility.

T0XIC JERMS

Studios