Treyarch Leads the Pack in Inconsistent Game Play

Black Ops 3 General Discussion

Black Ops 3 is one of the better CoDs made in my opinion.  They got a lot of things right in this title and it's a terrific game when it is playing correctly.  But way too often, it suffers from horrible hit detection and lag.  It's very similar to BO2 in that department.  One of THE most important factor in any FPS is connection.  While the community is crying over supply drops, the game continues to struggle to be consistent day after day.  Infinity Ward, while disliked by many in the community, has connection down to a science.  I knew what to expect on a more consistent basis with IW games.  I can't say that about Black Ops 3.  If it plays great for you day after day, then I'm jealous of you.  But for many, it's ability to change on a dime really has me so frustrated....frustrated because I really love this game.  I just want my gun to perform the same each time I jump on...within reason of coarse.  I realize that any online game will have periods of lag and connection problems, but this one is leaps and bounds one of the worst.  Followed by BO2 also made by Treyarch.  Why they can't fix this one very important issue yet can pump out micro-transactions by the thousands is beyond me.  In 2016, I had hoped for better.

AUTiger93x
9 REPLIES 9

I haven't noticed a huge difference between the two developers, to be honest. Have found hit detection to be pretty spot on in this title. Thought it was pretty off in AW, Ghosts seemed Ok as well.

Where I think Treyarch does better than IW is in how they handle tactical movement and play. You take the right angle around a corner or sight line and you are going to be able to take out that camper or head glitcher with ease. It always seems to me that on IW games they don't grasp this concept as well.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I agree...the movement system in a Treyarch game is great.  IW is a bit snail-paced.  Treyarch also got the advanced movement system right.  I won't even mention AW....with that said, I just keep having days where my Kuda is outgunned, my Manowar is shooting blanks, my KN is unloading only to get killed in what seems like one shot.  This didn't happen as much in IW games.  I knew exactly what my Honey Badger could do...what my PP90 could do...what the ACR was capable of.  I knew that if I did something stupid using any weapon that I was going to die.  In Treyarch games, none of that holds true.  I've been playing this game a long time and ***** I still love it with a passion...and I pretty much know when I should win a gun fight.  Treyarch games are very random and can be spot on at times....but can also be very off way too often.  

AUTiger93x

Where I think Treyarch does better than IW is in how they handle tactical movement and play. You take the right angle around a corner or sight line and you are going to be able to take out that camper or head glitcher with ease. It always seems to me that on IW games they don't grasp this concept as well.

I disagree, or do I agree? I think movement speed is why it's so much easier to flank and attack. IW games are more friendly towards defense so attackers need to be proficient in the way they move. Thus, I think IW games are more tactical with movements, because it forces you to be so. Treyarch games seem concerned with giving you every excuse to push hard and move recklessly because it favors those players over those who want to use defense. I'm not sure where this puts me in relation to your argument, but that's my take. 

Ghamorra Level 75

@Ghamorra That hasn't been my experience. I do agree the game moves way too fast for it's own good at times, but what it does well is allow players to use attack angles more effectively than I have ever seen in IW games. In BO games, I can peek a corner before going around it, and if I "slice the pie" like I should, I can take out the majority of campers sitting there waiting for me. In IW games I haven't found this to be the case. The sitter has the advantage every time.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Have to agree here.  BO2 was a complete mess for me.  BO3 was really good for the first few months but then the gunfights became completely random.  IW has always been spot on for me.  

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that everyone connects to game differently, for whatever reason, and I have come to terms with it.  BO2 was so bad I couldnt even play, it but at least I hit max prestige in BO3 and got my monies worth.

KurtK24

KurtK24

I whole heartedly agree. It's a waste of time playing because nothing in this game is even, I've dominated people hundreds of times as far as pre aiming, pre firing, landing more shots 1st goes only to instantly die.example:last night I got 3x R. A. P. S in one game. The next game I was using the same tactics nothing changed yet I couldn't get a bloody uav once. What changed? Everytime I bumped in to an enemy I'd die before I could even make my brain register to hit the buttons on my pad. Insta dead. It's like they are playing hard core and I am playing core(when in arena). Full clips in to them, they Insta kill me.

Ive gone 30-2 in the 1st round of a match then the second round can't kill 1 person due to above reasons, how bad is it that the game can't even stay consistent for a full match, it's like treyarch implemented an advantage for loosing teams where the connection changes in their favour......... 

Played fps before cod was even a thing so I know when this games robbing me

ronson12

Bo2 was awesome. That Lodestar. I would like Bo3 a lot more if there were modern, real life weapons. 

Diggin’ BO4...Need all attachments on all guns! No weapon discrimination!
CheetoFromTheDead

My favorite part is when there is so many people lagging in the game it starts rendering at like 10 fps. the instant replays are hilarious

r3wturb0x

Studios