Titanfall 2 Tech Test

Black Ops 3 Off-Topic

Anyone going to jump on this weekend for Titanfall 2 Tech Test. It's available for both XB1 and PS4.

Aug. 19th -21st and than 26th to 28th again.

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/tech-test/

tbox75
4 REPLIES 4

Played it a bit this morning...

It's... meh.

Has some cool features, but it's just an average shooter at best.

Will give it more time next weekend, but was not impressed today.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Did you play the first one as well? And were you a fan of that? I haven't heard much about it yet, but I'm hoping it is an improvement upon the original at the very least. It was always one of those games that all of my friends and I seemed to like, but we just couldn't figure out why we only played it for a week or two. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

I borrowed it from a friend and played it a lot for a weekend. I enjoyed it, liked the movement... but after just a weekend with it I felt like I had my fill. I never bought it because it just didn't keep my interest. 

The movement was nice, I liked the maps and how the action flowed... but I hated the Titans... usually just let mine do it's own thing. I got pretty good at it during the short time I had the game, but unlike COD I just couldn't see myself getting a lot of playtime out of it.

TF2... my feeling so far is that it is quite meh. The movement feels clunky after BO3, and the maps in the tech test are nothing spectacular. They make the same mistake of putting tall towers that are accessible fairly easily, so you get folks camping up there. Seems most of the matches involve a lot of roof camping. The guns feel melty at times... I had very few actual gunfights. Most of the time I was getting hit markers on enemies or getting insta-killed... which could have just been my skill level but just felt wrong. Titan V Titan was OK, but the maps were a big large for a TDM type game. I enjoyed Bounty the most, I played one match of Hardpoint that was miserable. My team was spawn killed repeatedly. VERY linear Hardpoint setup, the other team rushed up and took two points immediately, then pinned us down in the third. It wasn't fun.

The Grapple mechanic was pretty cool, I didn't mess around with many of the others. I'll give it more time next weekend.. but thus far it just feels like an average or below average FPS that I wouldn't buy at full price. Just not enough to keep my interest and just wasn't all that fun in my opinion. 

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Interesting. Thanks for the detailed opinion. I'll have to try it soon to see how it all feels as well, but I do like the idea of some of the maps being bigger in order to accomodate some more dynamic titan gameplay instead of the close/medium quarters options from the original. 

The grapple mechanic I saw as something similar to what we may be seeing in IW, but that remains to be seen and tested by the community as a whole as well. I also didn't realize it was running for multiplayer weekends, but that's good to know. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

Studios