Titanfall 2 to have free DLC maps

Black Ops 3 Off-Topic

This gives me hope for the gaming industry. Not to mention this approach does not split up the playerbase.

EA might be looking at other forms of DLC but Zampela and co. really seem like they have the best interests of gamers at heart. We owe Zampela a lot as one of the original cod creators.

I am fairly bitter about how loyal cod fans are treated by Activision. If Titanfall 2 is any good I may leave cod behind for good.

Further detail here if interested:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/13/11921934/titanfall-2-dlc-will-be-free

reftel
5 REPLIES 5

@reftel wrote:

This gives me hope for the gaming industry. Not to mention this approach does not split up the playerbase.

EA might be looking at other forms of DLC but Zampela and co. really seem like they have the best interests of gamers at heart. We owe Zampela a lot as one of the original cod creators.

I am fairly bitter about how loyal cod fans are treated by Activision. If Titanfall 2 is any good I may leave cod behind for good.

Further detail here if interested:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/13/11921934/titanfall-2-dlc-will-be-free

Good to hear, I said in another post that ACTIVISION P2W supply drop garbage may open the door for another title to gain some additoinal popularity. Won't happen overnight but the free market will dictate consumers wishes if there are options to choose from. My plan this go around was to purchase Battlefield which should keep me busy for a couple of months to give time for COD to release and get the feed back from the community on how they are handling supply drops. Pretty much if they have items within the supply drops that have an effect on the game such as weapons either through a gambling process or for additional purchase, I am out unless every other game just plain sucks. Lots of options coming up it seems, going to be tough to choose, don't have the time for multiple games.

I did like the first Titanfall but didn't really spend a whole lot of time on it. MIght be worth checking out if Activision keeps takign the path of P2W or whatever they want to call it. Pretty much makes me want to avoid any game Activision has it's greedy little paws in.

tbox75

That's awesome. I was a season pass holder for the first Titanfall and thought the maps were great. Last year around this time my friends that didn't own the dlc were allowed to play either through EA Play or a free promotion of it.

I think it's a smart move to add more to the game for free through out its life. I just hope they are shipping a full game at launch with lots of content and don't ship half a game and then give us the other half through the dlc.

Whenever I see announcements/marketing like this, I can't help feel it's directed the CoD players that have had enough of the ATVI formula for CoD.... which is a good thing for the players. Hopefully CoD will start following suit for maps, weapons, and content that is game impacting.

Keeping the player pool as large and balanced as possible is very important (like you mention). Really looking forward to Titanfall 2. 

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

I really enjoyed Titanfall, warts and all. In fact, I have been back with in the last 30 days for a few rounds, and had a blast. Fragmenting the player base is never a good idea, and Titanfall hit a home run when they gave everyone the DLC. The main reason I am not playing it now is because my friends are playing COD, and these games are much better when you have a core group playing. Not to lord over others, but for the camaraderie.

SweatDragon Level 75
Highlighted
The more I research TF2 the more I am looking forward to it. I like that there are options now. I was going to get BF1 but now based on what has been released so far, TF2 is starting to be more appealing. I might go plug TF1 back in just to see how it plays since it has been a long time since I played it.
tbox75

Agree tf  wasn't bad games like that and destiny work with the flying stuff not cod.stop with the futuristic crap.flying,pulse type weapons  I feel make the game no fun for us casual gamers.might be fine for competitive gamers,but that's why games like tf  and destiny exist go play those and broaden your game selection.

PERS1A1

Studios