Black Ops 3 connection interrupted ps4. Any suggestions? "Solution that been working for me so far but still with problems"

Black Ops 3 PlayStation 4

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Black Ops 3 since day 1, almost every second or third game I'm getting "connection interrupted". Anyone else got this problem? And is there any way to fix it?  I remembering contacting Acitivison support, who said that my connection maybe isn't enought to play this game online "without connection problems", but I've never had/have this problem with Ghosts or Advanced Warfare or any other online games. My internet connection is 12mbit/s down and 1mbit/s up.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings, Kim

*Update

"Solution that been working for me so far" (Overheating problem with router/modem)

I’ve tried with my other router/adsl modem and it was the same problem, “connection interrupted” after playing a while. It usually happens when playing game modes that take longer time, such as Domination, Hardpoint or Safeguard. Compare to Team Death Match and Kill Confirmed.

Both routers/modems were/are provided by our local Internet Service Provider (Sweden), and they were pretty expensive for my wallet, so I took for granted that they would work as promised. And of course they do work as they should with other games, but when it comes to Black Ops 3 they aren’t.

Anyway, when I touched my main router/modem it was very hot, so I decided to open/dismantle it up and it showed that there is a heat-sink in the middle that was very hot to touch even by holding for only 3 seconds.

So I decided to drill a hole in the middle, placing an usb 120mm fan above, and a cooling pad under, and also changing the thermal-pad/thermal adhesive tape. After doing this, I haven’t faced the “connection interrupted” so far, maybe it helped or it’s only a matter of time =)

While if I remove the fans, and the heat-sink becomes hot again, the game will get "Connection Inturrepted".  I guess in my case its the problem with the routers/modems. But seriously how big is the chance that both routers/modems are faulty =S?

Feels kind a sad, that finding this individual working solution so late, especially now when Infinite Warfare is on its way.

Hope there are other solution for this problem, people/customers shouldn’t drill holes in their equipment only to make a game work =) !

20161016_012335.jpg20161016_012328.jpgasd.jpg

kimminjoon87
9 REPLIES 9

I've continued to have this issue since the latest map pack along with many other issues. ( My post about all this should be up later.)

bonger

Hi there =)

Try this one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Jy48hTulk

And don't play via Wi-Fi and try to turn off Wi-Fi as well while playing =)

And for fun sake, try place the router/modem close to the window or on a cooling pad or something Smiley Tongue

Take care =)

kimminjoon87

If the fan of the modem or router sits at the bottom of it then it is not ventilating properly. If you a separate modem and a separate router you might want to look into it and see if you have a double nat. If your modem router is pretty old or it isn't as powerful that might be another problem as well. Also it could be your line if you have a 3 or more ports in your splitter that divides the cable box cable and internet cable and only use 2 ports that might be a problem. If the cable for your internet that goes from the splitter into the modem is pretty long that's another issue. Check all of this and see your connection first, I had problems with mines and my problem was that I had a 5 port splitter when I just needed a 2 port splitter and the internet cable that went from the splitter into my modem was really long so I had Comcast reduce the distance of the cable and change the splitter. Another thing is you might want this 2in1 modem router combo it is pretty good i could be playing BO3 and my girlfriend could be watching Netflix on her laptop and it won't affect me at all and I am not even port forwarded I USS upnp.

suseJetopaC
The 2in1 modem router is the netgear nighthawk ac1900 c7000 it is about $210 and has 5g along with the 2.4
suseJetopaC

Hi there,

Big thanks for the suggestions I will try it out (imma try it out, okay) if the error occur again =)

WOW  $210 is a bit too expensive Smiley Tongue  Mine cost about 114 dollars =)

kimminjoon87
Its not it is really good, I can be playing bo3 and my gf watching Netflix on laptop an still won't see any issues. It is that good
suseJetopaC

Update: 2017-03-11 So now I've got a Netgear D7800, and still no difference the "connection interrupted" still occurs from time to time. And it works even worse in my case. For example Modern Warfare Remasterd is unplayble with this new modem/router which I've now retured to the store.  I've tried my old ADSL (the modifyied one) modem at my relatives place with fans on. (Without fans the connection interrupted occured almost immediately, one reason is probably the modem is defekt) One who got 30/30 Mbit/s and the other got 100/100 Mbit/s and it worked without problem, even wirelessly, so in my case I would probably wait until faster speed is avaible in my neighbourhood. Conclution: New different brand Router/Modem and Faster speed should be the solution haha =S

kimminjoon87

This is what Activision support told me: The game uses these TCP Ports: 53, 80, 3074, and these UDP ports: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3075, 3544, and 4500. They told me that if I contact my internet provider and add these ports, there should no longer be any connection interupted. I can't do that since I am at college on college wifi, but hopefully it will help you guys.

Randomthings32

Oh, and I forgot to add that I am on Xbox One. I don't know if that changes anything.

Randomthings32

Studios