A matchmaking suggestion after playing BO2 so far.

Black Ops II General Discussion

At the modereators or if a dev can take a look at this.

After so many months playing BO2 and looking at the state of the game at this moment, i would like to give a suggestion that can be applied to both PS3 and XBOX360.

Everytime there's people complaining about lag in-game, and the lobbies sometimes look like a mashup of various world players. I know that the matchmaking calculates SPM, W/N ratio and K/D Ratio, but i would like to suggest an insertion of a area-searching matchmaking (always holding the fact of the score algorhytm). For example: i am an italian player, and i get matched with south-american, mexican and most of the time american players, when instead i should be in lobbies with other european players (like UK, German, Netherlands, Belgium and etc.).

It's not for a gaming problem question, but i want to suggest this for a ping question, so everyone could get the lobby of players found in his regional area, at least this could, for what i can think, reduce some connection issues during the match.

If there must be a last patch for this game, i would like to propose this kind of suggestion.

If it's not factible it's ok, but i would like that mods or devs could take in consideration this idea.

Raiden_Belmont
5 REPLIES 5

They cannot really do geolocation matchmaking since not all isp's correctly report the true location of a players ip address.

My dsl company always reported my ip was from another state different than what I lived in. So games using geolocation would caused me to matched up against players even further away from me causing even worse lobbies.

Plus limiting it to such criteria could limit the number of games ever seen based upon who was on playing at that time in your area. You would find yourself at times with no games available for not enough was on in that area.

trialstardragon Level 70

For the geographical issue is true: in my case it tells me the right nation (italy) but the city is completely wrong, it gives me a city that is far like 580km from me.

Raiden_Belmont

Which is why area search settings like geolocation dont work well. It should be based more off of ping and less about location.

If they have a good ping it should be a good lobby, unless something weird happens after the match begins.

trialstardragon Level 70

A ping based matchmaking? With a patch of some time ago, the problem now is that the host is picked even if he has like 1MB of connection, making things really hard to do.

Raiden_Belmont

the host only really needs a little over that 1MB connection the game uses very little bandwidth at all. It is when the host has less than that 1MB and has a non stable connection that the problems start. the problem is mm does not do enough qaulity tests before deciding who the host should be sometimes. It picks someone that meets the min requirements and then goes with it; when that min connection is not really good enough if that person has anyone else using it too at the same time.

trialstardragon Level 70

Studios