Nerf the fucking snipers!

Black Ops II General Discussion

I'm sick and tired of this bullshit know as quickscoping.... can't even play 1 game of COD with out some 8 year old kid quickscoping. The snipers are to overpowered and you sit and ignore this issue. Snipers should not be able to run like it's a fucking shotgun. How do go from balanced sniping like in black ops 1 to this shit in black ops 2? Another thing is the snipers get an OHK 97% of the time no matter were they hit.. stomatch, arm, hand, leg. foot it should only count as an OHK to the head nothing else... All because a bunch of kids threaten Vondahaar's life you ignore it and before you kids say i'm an immature kid hating on quickscopers because I suck maybe you should look at this video showing how immature your community acts over a little nerf.

So Treyarch get off your asses and do something about this bullshit this cancer is flooding the COD community to the point were it's impossible to rush in this god forsaken game. It's getting so out of control that in FFA if i'm not quickscoping they ethier start calling me a noob threaten to hack my account and sometimes DDoS me out of the lobby!

rlucas19961
5 REPLIES 5

To have your life and your families lives threatene. Is a very serious thing, and so you have to understand that if these people  are threatening employees then you would proceed with caution. I agree that primarily playing to quickscope is cancerous and very annoying (I excuse quickscoping if it's a reaction) but it's because of the vast majority of players want fast-paced gameplay with small maps and so to make the sniper rifles viable, they have to be able to compete at ranges that are unnatural for a sniper rifle. I know you might be thinking "Just make larger maps!" while yes that's a perfectly acceptable solution, if those players that like small maps (a large percentage of CoD players) start to complain and sales go down, Activision will kind of push developers to satisfy the majority rather than the minority, leading to smaller maps and people playing with snipers to adapt to the smaller maps. That is one of the reasons there are quickscopers. The other reason, I presume, is that younger audiences get hyped up over YouTubers performing outrageous shots, and so they want to mimic this and this leads to a rise in quickscoper wannabes/proficient players quickscoping.

If I had the decision on what sniping would be like in comparison to older titles, i would choose the sniping in World At War. It wasn't as easy as future titles, and a proficient player could be very effective.

Also, some maps are needed to accommodate the "Overwatch" role/playstyle. If there were more maps like this, you would see people with snipers looking out of windows and buildings. Not running around like a headless chicken (my favourite expression when referring to CoD players).

xXMJIOLNIRXx

The maps are not the problem. They tried larger maps with ghosts look how that turned out. :/

They should have keep the mechanics from Black ops 1 sniping it was balanced. 2 - 3 shots to the body and it actually required skill to get that headshot unlike black ops 2 broken hitboxes I've been headshot from the knee and I have a video that proves it.

Treyarch's new game is on the way lets hope they learn from there mistakes like they always do.

rlucas19961

Sometimes I think "Headshot" in BO2 means different head, since I got the "headshot" always under the belly.

However, you are lucky you got headshot from the knee.... one time I got a sniper headshot and the hit marker was 10 feet away from my body!!

Santa2013

The cross-hairs shouldn't close in so much when players start to ADS on a sniper rifle. If this were to take affect, OHK would be very okay I think.

ffhhjkjhfddsdff

I have to agree there's a level of inconsistency with the mentality of the developers who go to great lengths to balance the game with so many nerfs/buffs of the other weapons. I'm very new to the world of CoD Multiplayer and as such, I have trouble wrapping my brain around what the fascination is with people running around with a sniper rifle in CQ.

The spirit of the game and the multitude of weapons are such that the weapon selection is supposed to reflect the playstyle of the player and the map. The idea is that any weapon is supposed to have built in strengths and weaknesses which prompts the user to adjust his strategy and style accordingly.

There are no other weapons in the game that grant a OHK from 5 feet away as well as 50 yards. With the quickscoping the sniper rifles have no inherent weakness. I've got only 60 hours of total multiplayer experience (not just BO2 but life) and wanted to try playing some free for all to work out some flaws in my game and find I have to go back to TDM because at least half the players in FFA are running around with sniper rifles and insta-kill me indoors from 3 yards away without the need to get a sight picture or be accurate with the shot. I'm getting insta-killed and I'm using the Vector where I should have a tremendous advantage at close range. Just as I shouldn't get into a gunfight from 30 yards with the Vector, a sniper shouldn't be in CQ against my SMG. it's simple common sense in the spirit of competitive balance.

The idea that the devs go to such great lengths to nerf/buff all the other guns and ignore what is obviously the greatest balance issue in this game is staggering to any form of logic or reason.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam, but hopefully common sense at some point will rule the day.

C0LdWaR75

Studios