Remove restrictions for Russia!

Black Ops II PC

Remove restrictions for Russia!

In 11th of october 2012, my pre-purchased Black Ops 2 ROW (as I supposed) without any limitations was converted into limited and region locked Black Ops 2 RU, and in the 11th of october 2012 warnings about limitations appeared on official site of Russian Publisher (Noviy Disk). This warning also does not cover entire list of limitation, only warns about language of game, and tells nothing about separated MP region, incompatibility with DLC and other limitations.

And right now we have clear case of violation of US federald laws by third party publisher Activision games.

This is fraud - deceptive advertising and violation of US FEDERAL LAWS described in US Code Title 15, Chapter 50 "Consumer product warranties", in US Code Title 15, Chapter 87 "Telemarketing and consumer fraud and abuse prevention". As well as in Russian laws: Article 182 of Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (Google for "Ст. 182 УК РФ") as well as Consumer protection law (Google for " Закон о защите прав потребителей") and Complicity in the crime law described in Article 32 of Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (Google for "Ст 32 УК РФ").

It's absolutely unfair and illegal, cheaters and people who buys russian keys is only Activision's problem. The normal russian players should not suffer!

BO2_RUS
27 REPLIES

Re: Remove restrictions for Russia!

in reply to BO2_RUS

Have you stopped to think that the region restriction is in place to prevent gray market key sales to other players in other regions outside of Russia. Also when you buy an MP game in Russia you go to a Russian server which has the lowest ping, this will also be the case in BLOPS2. Why would you want to be on American server where your ping will be huge and you would just teleport around and ruin the game for others with lower ping?

damze

in reply to damze

damze wrote:

Have you stopped to think that the region restriction is in place to prevent gray market key sales to other players in other regions outside of Russia.

It's not our problem. Why we should suffer? Because some Europeans and Americans are buying our keys? It's ridiculous!

damze wrote:

Also when you buy an MP game in Russia you go to a Russian server which has the lowest ping, this will also be the case in BLOPS2. Why would you want to be on American server where your ping will be huge and you would just teleport around and ruin the game for others with lower ping?

I have ~50ms ping to the most of European servers. Also, here in Russia we have very few players, that means the multiplayer will be empty! That's reason WHY WE WANT to play with rest of the world. Any questions?

eevie

in reply to eevie

You honestly want me to believe that you have very few players in Russia? Lol

damze

in reply to damze

Just look at the MW3 online map, which is shown at the bottom of the screen in your party and find Russia. Compare to Europe or US. Also, if i have paid for something - i have a right to get that "something". There was no message about any restrictions when i purchsaed it. No matter what restrictions.

Also, Steam allows any publishers to restrict cd-keys and any games bought directly from Steam to prevent activating from other countries. It's not my fault that they can't keep that thing working and i don't want to be scammed because of some grey keys buyers. I've not downloaded this game, I BOUGHT IT. It doesnt matter how much money i spent on it - $20, $30 (regular retail price in my country. Actually, it's even not cheap because of amount of wages in my country.) or $60. I don't want to get restricted version and i don't want to be notified about it AFTER my pre-purchase. I don't want to get late patches, late dlc's, play only with cheaters in cheaters pool (most of the cheaters are russian schoolboys). I have a good internet connection with speed even higher than in most European countries and i don't have any problems playing on UK servers for example.

mrdeathmatch

in reply to mrdeathmatch

I can see what you mean, but it is out of my control. Contact Steam and ask them about it and if there are two versions (RU) or (RoW), see if you can get RoW (rest of world) that might not have the region restrictions.

damze

in reply to damze

I'm an italian user of COD BO. In the last year I played about 1000 hours in USA servers (ping 180) I met a lot of beautiful people from Russia too and they were good and fair players (obiviously cheaters exist too). Actually I have 2 russian friends in my clan.. which is an international clan (USA, Europe, Asia).

We need to play together.. that's it. Not caring about ping.. a good player with ping = 200 ms is able to defeat any noob with ping = 30... we only care about playing with our friends.

Gaming is a way to build friendships passing over any difference. Is this game going to create walls between people couse of their nationality?

Sincerly till now I have not read any tecnical official reason about this problem.

topperharley

in reply to BO2_RUS

Like the above said why would you want to be paired with other regions and get lots of lag.

dmxdex2020

in reply to BO2_RUS

while i normally wouldnt agree with damze....i would have to kinda agree here....

IMO....if russians wanna play with the rest the world....they should pay the same price the rest the world pays.....if for some reason (we know why)....they get lower prices......then restrict them.......

-LB-Anheuser1

in reply to -LB-Anheuser1

I have no knowledge about pricing in Russia, but  it appears to me this is clouding the actual point.

Regardless of cheating, hacking, paying low prices or even stealing the software, isolating an entire country is a horrible way to go about solving whatever issues there are.

This isn't actually tackling the issue. It's simply brushing it under the rug and penalizing innocent people in the process.

Tunnleram

Studios