''Unable to join game session''

Black Ops II PC

Hello,

If a want to join my friends or clan, it doesn't work and there comes a message: ''Unable to join game session''

Can someone help me, and sad me what to do? Because i don't know it anymore and it starts do be anoying.

MrDrisos
6 REPLIES 6

Sounds like a networking issue. You or the guy you are joinin on or both need to perform port forwarding and open your NAT type. Google how for your particular router/firewall.

Obmar

Obmar has it right, but once in a while Joining still gets screwed-up and if that's the case try joining another in the Party or restarting BO2 as a last resort especially if there was a recent update to Steam or BO2. I run Open NAT in the form of DMZ Host to my Router.

See - https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Lag-Occurs-in-Multiplayer-Game

Momba1

this does not work. I have tried everuthing using lan cable wth both ps4 and using wifi with both tried opening ports and NAT type on both ps4 and did not work. the ps4 are connectet to the same router with cable and this never works. realy annoying I have litterly treid eveyrhting..

sebastianhalmrast

Thanks for providing the link Monba1!

Since you are joining to a group, this could be potentially an issue with someone in the groups connection causing issues.Also, are you attempting to join while they are in game as this message could be showing if you attempt to join a full lobby. ^JG

Player Support

Yep, Joining an in-progress game could be a (the) problem, but in that scenario you're not joining in as/from an Invite, and is often in conjunction with a 'Server is Full' error message or potentially being tossed-in on the opposing side. Generally, we pick the person with the lowest Ping, greatest bandwidth to Host and one with an Open NAT. Occasionally, one guy's the Host but others Join someone who's a Party to the Host 'if' there's a problem; Friend of a Friend.

Generally, we get this all worked-out before we get into a game.

Momba1
Highlighted

Hi,i have connection problems with my friends,i try to join them and then a message pops up on my screen saying "unable to join session ". Some of my friends told to me to keep trying to join them.So i tried to join but bo2 wouldnt let me.my friends were giving me alot of invites but i still couldnt join them Is there any way i can fix this problem 

Joshoaoblim

Studios