Black Ops II PlayStation 3

COD,

This is by far a amazing video of epic gaming just me tossing a grenade and getting the final kill (match ending) in TDM.

What I wanted to bring to the table, was how unpredictable and predictable grenade explosions can be. Normally when you toss them they do a rolling motion, and magically find the nearest enemy and explode. Here you will notice the following:

1- I toss it and get the game ending kill

2- The grenade lands on a ramp, but doesn't roll down the little hill but explodes near someone!

Its clear that this game has incorporated a explosion / proximity code that benefits the person who throws it but never the one who trys to avoid it. This goes as well for the random car explosions, they added this feature, I am not sure how to feel about it but in this case, it was good.  Your thoughts on this proximity code?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75
38 REPLIES 38

I've often suspected that frags were magnetic and my character must be wearing cast iron boots.  I've actually seen frags roll uphill just to get me.  There must be something in the code that basically "aim-assists" them to the nearest player.

phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

I've often suspected that frags were magnetic and my character must be wearing cast iron boots.  I've actually seen frags roll uphill just to get me.  There must be something in the code that basically "aim-assists" them to the nearest player.

Yes! This one rolled against the hill and exploded almost as soon as the person was near it! Aim assist on weapons and explosives, makes sense.

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

phxs72 wrote:

It does seem like it.  If so, then it's just another lazy artificial gameplay dynamic that's making the game more and more cartoonish and unrealistic. 

Immerse me.
Yppecaye_the_Dogged
in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

phxs72 wrote:

It does seem like it.  If so, then it's just another lazy artificial gameplay dynamic that's making the game more and more cartoonish and unrealistic.

Its there alright, whether or not thats good is to each persons own interpretation. One thing is clear, they continue to add things into the game, and these things (to me) might be the major culprit to packet delays, and inconsistencies.

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Izjar11 wrote:

...whether or not thats good is to each persons own interpretation.

I'll be so bold to say that a more sophisticated player would say aim assisted grenades are pretty absurd  Conversely, a little kid, or a simpler player would find a grenade chasing someone quite amusing. 

Immerse me.
Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Grenade kills are  very unpredictable. You can be running through a door and someone could have thrown a greand there and boom, it explodes right in your face and you don't even know what happened. Or someone can be smart with it and throw it into a spawn of people on hardcore and get tons of kills. Or you can be the dumb ass troll and t-bag someone and then cook the grenade and kill you and himself for the final kill.

Killbook

I say so, they bounce towards the player instead of left or right, this one back tracked up the hill to get the guy.

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

OH MY GAWD!! That was AMAZING

-__-  (  Sarcasm! )

bobsperbltch

Someone should have been wearing Flak Jacket. nice kill he ran right into that one.

My_Wicked_

Studios