Black Ops II PlayStation 3

this has been in COD for a long time.

always seen grenades roll towards the nearest person.

its anoying because people are being rewarded for an inaccurate throw.

ive seen them taking unrealistic rolling patterns more often then not lol.

TRU11

I first saw this in MW3, in BO one was capable of throwing them back with no issue and no additional perk to do so. In this game its blatant obvious.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

nah its been around since mw2 at least.

i remember laying prone in a ghillie suit quite often and ive seen grenades take a turn coming towards me for no reason lol.

heck  ive seen some going over my head and rolling backwards towards me.

TRU11

whoa ego whats up with the streaks a little to high for tdm, no?

REVENGOLOGY

LOL been getting VTOLs left and right lately.

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

I hate this kind of stuff.

1) Completely unnecessary and unrealistic even for a video game's standards

2) Is it not bad enough how much people spam grenades? Adding this only gives players more reason spam nades.

On several occasions I've watched grenades bend around doors, up hills, and even bounced several feet to kill me. I will say that MW3 was much worse than Black Ops II. The worst that's happened in Black Ops is rolling up hills and conveniently driving through doorways. MW3 featured Holy Hand Grenades that really sparked snprfrg conspiracy theories.

Ghamorra Level 75

Thats why I posted this, the grenade instead of rolling down, literally back tracked up the hill to kill someone!

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

I have to disagree and say that the frag grenades aren't 'attracted' to the nearest enemy player.  Or at least this example proves non of that and here's why:

Doing a simple test on the same map at the same spot showed me that grenades rolling down will almost always curve to the right.  Simple test (you'll need 2 frags): Stand on a spot above the kill, look down, drop a frag, and watch it roll. Then, without moving, drop another frag at the same spot, and watch it roll. The paths my alter slightly, but it will always curve to the right. Repeat this from different spots and you'll get very similar results of the frag always rolling to the right when it rolls down that particular decline on Studio.

So, what this means is, there was no foul play in this kill. Its a combination of the enemy running into the grenade and the grenade naturally rolling to the right that set this up.

philla_killa
in reply to philla_killa

Makes sense.  A grenade would roll on a circular path.  With how much momentum once rolling uphill is another issue. 

Immerse me.
Yppecaye_the_Dogged
in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

You're right, the grenade does roll in a circular path.

On studio, in the back lot where A flag is, is a large flat surface. I went prone, looked down, and dropped a grenade. This is the minimize any bouncing and allowed me to watch its rolling path as long as possible.  And the results were that it almost immediately started to curve to the right or left in a circular path.  If it didn't have the 5 second timer, it would've probably made a full circle.

So, when I tested this on the decline, it did look like it rolled up hill at certain point, but that's due the circular path it follows.

philla_killa

Studios