Black Ops II PlayStation 3

philla_killa wrote:

I have to disagree and say that the frag grenades aren't 'attracted' to the nearest enemy player.  Or at least this example proves non of that and here's why:

Doing a simple test on the same map at the same spot showed me that grenades rolling down will almost always curve to the right.  Simple test (you'll need 2 frags): Stand on a spot above the kill, look down, drop a frag, and watch it roll. Then, without moving, drop another frag at the same spot, and watch it roll. The paths my alter slightly, but it will always curve to the right. Repeat this from different spots and you'll get very similar results of the frag always rolling to the right when it rolls down that particular decline on Studio.

So, what this means is, there was no foul play in this kill. Its a combination of the enemy running into the grenade and the grenade naturally rolling to the right that set this up.

I would believe your test if you added the element of an enemy player, good one though to try it.

What I posted (the grenade kill) is just my observation I do not prove or disprove anything its curious that when I threw it, in this case it slowed down, and did not roll down the hill.

I think as you say there is a combination of the two, the grenade and the player being near each other, similar to how cars explode when they are not damaged, ever have that happen to you?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

I need to leave my 'Proximity Card' at home then, next time I play BLOPS11 according to ego's logic

BanHaMMer2

Good discussion

I think of my Frags almost like a Semtex. Instead of sticking a target with my Semtex I try to time my Frag to explode on or right by my target.

electricfuneral1
in reply to electricfuneral1

electricfuneralfire wrote:

Good discussion

I think of my Frags almost like a Semtex. Instead of sticking a target with my Semtex I try to time my Frag to explode on or right by my target.

Just saw another frag kill, similar situation guy was on the roof (building facing B flag) in standoff and a teammate threw the frag and it acted similar, it slowed down and did not roll of the slope of the ledge blowing up and ending the game.

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

i don't think i've ever really noticed it with grenades (though they do ALWAYS seem to explode instantly whenever i try to throw them back - dunno why they couldn't have re-added the 5 second thing from flak jacket back in black ops 1)

i have, however, definitely noticed it with cars

i remember sandy ravage posting a video about an already destroyed van exploding again just to kill him

amathyx

Fast Hands actually will reset the grenade timer but I do wish that they had left it as a Flak Jacket perk.

phxs72

oh, does it?

never actually bothered using the perk since i usually use toughness or scavenger

amathyx

Fast hands resets the frag and its cool to be able to throw it back.

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Just a note for everyone throwing back 'nades with fast hands:

It only resets the timer 2.5 seconds, not the full 5. So, if you're looking to cook it, it could kill you. It does make it harder for enemies to throw back, though. This is also the same if you pick up your own grenade; lets say you miss your throw it and it bounces off a wall near you. As soon as you pick-up a grenade using fast hands, it resets the timer to 2.5 seconds.

philla_killa
in reply to philla_killa

Good advice,

Thanks philla

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Studios