Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Just need a bit of a push towards which one to purchase.  I don't want to buy all of them, so which one/s (subjectively) are your favorites, and which one/s can I just ignore?  I am a casual player, around 6 hours total and have had the game since it's been out.  I am just done with the original maps and would eventually like to prestige, so I need a new set of maps to get to know and handle.  Thanks.

Young_Atticus
11 REPLIES 11
in reply to Young_Atticus

None .. None of the map packs offer anything worth wile .. It's a good thing they included one old map in each DLC or they would be totally worthless .. The only map that's good besides them is Hijacked ..

_Orvidor_

I have to disagree with i think the best one would be the first one and the fourth one.

MiniMartini13

I hate that each map pack has one old map. I pay to get new map packs not to get an updated version of an ol map I already have played.

no map pack really stand out to me cannot tell you which one is better.

ghost_1345

We used to only get three new maps, now we get three new maps plus a re-skin.  I have yet to see anybody, myself included, play the re-skinned maps in the same way they played the original, including Nuketown.

sennalike

sennalike wrote:

We used to only get three new maps, now we get three new maps plus a re-skin.  I have yet to see anybody, myself included, play the re-skinned maps in the same way they played the original, including Nuketown.

Good points! Though there layouts are similar in maneuvering, these maps play NOTHING like the BO maps! I have enjoyed these old maps more so than the new ones to be very honest.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

I do how can you not not other options. It is the same map same layout just new buildings  how can you play it different.

ghost_1345
Highlighted

I see a lot of differences -

Weapons, primary and secondary

Attachments

Perks

Score streaks

Explosive barrel placements

Walls (ability to penetrate with FMJ)

Viewing angles (there are some really subtle differences here)

All of that makes BO2 a very different game to BO, re-skinned maps or not.  About the only thing I can think of that is the same on re-skinned maps is the layout.

sennalike

Chances are you'll ruin matchmaking for yourself by buying only a single map pack, and only get laggy gameplay or have a hard time finding lobbies at all (you are only matched with people that have the same DLC, and the ones with a single pack installed are in the smallest player pools). Either get all or none of them is my recommendation.

Raketti

I am enjoying Apocalypse DLC 4. No wait, no I am not.......not yet.

TheWaukeeKid

Studios