Here is an example of how bad my team is every time I play.

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Just a guess based on what's been written along with extensive personal experience in DOM.  The problem was that you didn't control the B flag properly.  You being your team and not just you personally.  Odds are it was a hectic match were flags were being capped left and right on both sides but the other team held onto that B flag just a little longer than your team did.  One of the problems with big kills matches where the flags are swapping non-stop is that somewhere along the way one team is going to lose their focus on the objective just long enough to lose the match.  Typically it's the team that dominated on kills that loses.  In fact, you'll find very few players out there that can actually manage the ensuing chaos and both dominate in the kills and win the match.  Conversely, those that use the 2 cap and hold method tend to win if they are the team that dominated on the kills.  If you want better results moving forward and would like to continue using the heavy flag pushing method then you need to appoint yourself to be the keeper of the B flag.  Most likely your teammates won't be good enough to do it themselves but you can lead the way and turn some of those losses into wins.

phxs72

Exactly. I find that when my team is good we only need 4 caps.  A and B , then C and B the second half.

gotsomestars Level 75

To win domination you need one or two good killers, and the rest good tactical players. It's about controlling ownership of two flags for more time than the enemy does. I'm only average at killing, but I can usually out smart the opposition because they think getting a kill is more important than keeping control of the flags. Spectating reveals all. Way too many people can be seen chasing the enemy for a kill and bypassing an easy cap.

In terms of stats, I think a good dom player gets 5-10 caps a match and 10+ defends. If you get over 10 caps it may appear good, but ask yourself why you had to keep capping? Defend and you avoid the need to cap and invariably end up winning.

sennalike

*slow cap*

just to add:

When a coordinated team plays dom:

no player on the team will have more than 3-5 caps, and some players on the team will have double digit defends.  This will be an example of a completely dominated game.

In a decent game, a coordinated team should have single digit caps, and some could have double digit defends

In a map controlled game, no player will have more than 2 caps, and an insane number of defends.  This style of game can be boring for the winner, and frustrating for the loser (but 9/10 times the losing team allowed for this to happen to them)

RLBL

I know how to win domination...The real reason and only reason here is my team mates...people are so unaware and are just not good at black ops 2.

Decree117

Above you were asked how many defends you got, in replying you said "why does that matter?"

You also said "when we are constantly killing the other team where they can barely move, we shouldn't lose." That to me is clear evidence you do not know how to win domination matches.

Too many players are quick to blame team mates for not winning without actually looking at their own game. I know exactly when I have carried a team, or when I have contributed to a win, or when I have taken an easy ride. But I also know when we could have got a win instead of a loss, and I am happy to admit if I was part of the reason for losing. Nothing wrong with being humble and honest. There are many reasons, but a big one being the random nature of connections means nobody is going to be great or even good in every single match.

To finish, getting kills in domination might feel good or satisfying, but getting kills that matter are the ones that win the match. In the OP you said you always seem to lose by about 10 points, which means one player could have gone 10-30 but if those 10 kills were all defends then you could have won the match.

sennalike

So, every game you are in it is your team mates that cause you to lose, because everyone but you sucks at blops2.

But, as lobbies shuffle, those same players that caused you to lose are playing on the winning team when playing against you.

Seems to me the constant here is that the team that has YOU is the losing team.  Maybe it's time to rethink who the problem is and who really knows how to win at DOM.

Could it be that the reason you don't play TDM is because you can't go 41-2 (half 83-4) when you're playing a KDR game instead of an objective game?  And If you are so into the objective, how come you know you went 83-4 but could not tell us how many caps or defends you had or even which team mainly controlled B?

Kothar44

Kothar44 wrote:

Could it be that the reason you don't play TDM is because you can't go 41-2 (half 83-4) when you're playing a KDR game instead of an objective game?  And If you are so into the objective, how come you know you went 83-4 but could not tell us how many caps or defends you had or even which team mainly controlled B?

Very good point.  I'm always curious when I see dudee brag about their 100-5 games and wonder how they'll do in TDM where there's no objective crutch, where the objective is you. 

Immerse me.
Yppecaye_the_Dogged

I wonder that as well.

RLBL

Playing with randoms provides random results, its the way it is. Play with a group of solid players and you should win most matches.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Studios