Matchmaking advice on settings

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Matchmaking advice on settings

I know we have discussed matchmaking enough already, but there is some advice out there that I think everyone should read.

Look at the matchmaking and matchmaking settings parts...

http://www.charlieintel.com/bo2-intel/the-elagaphant/

The really important section is...

From tests i have carried out today I have come to the conclusion the best setting to use for both my standard ADSL connection and my leased line was “normal”, it produced the fastest results and the majority of the sessions were local. The nest one would be “any” again fast results and local lobbies but the search time was slightly longer. Ironically the worst experience I had was on “best”  took ages to find a lobby frequently got the zero games found message, and lobbies I did get into were a mixture of all different barred players. #Gofigure.

I would say at the moment till Treyarch have tweaked a few things the best advice as I know alot of people are having issues atm is to just be patient every CoD game has launched with a few matchmaking hiccups which are usually sorted out very quickly.There will alwats be some  irregularities with matchmaking for the first few days of release, it isn’t a fault with the game its just how these things are with millions of people all connecting at once. As this is really the first real “live” test of their system.

So in a nut shell where we are all going for the "best" setting thinking it is the best, it isn't.  Since I have been on this "best" setting I have had bad hit detection, my KD plumetted, I couldn't kill for toffee and the lag was appalling.  Switched back to "normal" and hey presto back to normal decent matches, KD back on the rise and lag hugely reduced (not eliminated, but reduced).  The linked article was last updated 14 November, but it would seem to me nothing has changed with what Maccabi says about matchmaking.  Hopefully those of you suffering on "best" switch to "normal" and see the same improvement.  I'm sure it wont be perfect but hopefully a significant improvement.

sennalike
4 REPLIES

Re: Matchmaking advice on settings

in reply to sennalike

Gonna try this out tonight.. thanks for sharing !!

mn7_la1

in reply to sennalike

I actually did this today and had two great games, not  a single issue. It was just my luck though that I played against a great team and got pounded pretty good. If it ain't one thing it's another lol. Though I'd take having virtually no lag and getting beat fair and square over suffering through a lagfest anyday

Ghamorra Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Totally agree with you there!

I've yet to hve a "laggy" match since chnaging.  I too have had some bad matches, not many, but I dont mind being beaten when I feel it was a fair fight.  Whether it was or not doesn't matter, it's how it feels.  If lag comp is gonna get me I rather not know about it! lol

sennalike

in reply to sennalike

Yep, in my experience "Best" is worse than "Normal".

Doc_SoCal

Studios