Nuketown Highjacked

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

I was wondering why people like these two maps above all others ? Im not against them, and i can get good kds on them just dont think they are that better than any other map.

lost115
9 REPLIES 9

lost115 wrote:

I was wondering why people like these two maps above all others ? Im not against them, and i can get good kds on them just dont think they are that better than any other map.

Its very simple: The chaotic nature of both maps are addicting to many, you do not have to move very far to encounter an enemy.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

Folks that are working on gaining XP often pick them because they are high action (ergo high XP) and are the easiest maps to spawn trap on (ergo even higher XP).  If I'm leveling up I don't mind playing them but when I'm not I'd rather play other maps that actually require more strategy than run, shoot, die, repeat.

phxs72

You don't need map skills to do well in Nukie.  It's the only map I'll see a player with a 250SPM/0.7KD go 25-5.  I guess it's fun for some in a basic, Space Invaders shoot 'em kinda way. 

Immerse me.
Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Kids like them cause they can play campy and get lots of kills.

Basically they don't require much map knowledge or running around.

gabby09

EZ maps for the mindless young-un's

Alky6

lost115 wrote:

Non-stop action.

r8edtripx

Well Nuketown can work two ways. It either sort of "levels out" the skill level in the lobby for the duration of the match to an extent, meaning that scrubs can do well. This is due to the chaotic level of it.

Or it can allow the better players to really destroy the opponents more than they might otherwise if they manage to get their high scorestreaks. Getting dogs/Warship combo or a swarm is unstoppable on that map.

Plus the small maps are generally popular anyway and Nuketown is the ultimate small map.

GP95RT

Personally I like it because its close quarters. Yes there are places to hide and camp but with how compact the maps are it is extremely easy to get 25-35 kills in a TDM on those maps. I enjoy all the maps I have played so far but I will never lobby jump if those 2 are on the list for vote.

LIMITLESS_JERK

Nuketown 2025 is a shit map. Highjacked is good though. It's pretty easy to learn the roots for it. But Nuketown is just a big asshole fest when it comes to gameplay. Spawn camping and more spawn camping....from across the map!

kylet345

Studios