Perhaps the greatest excuse for losing.....

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Perhaps the greatest excuse for losing.....

So a few buddies and me were playing some HCKC lastnight, close game but we ended up winning 100-92. Anyway, we get back to the lobby laughing about the awesome/funny killcam my buddy got and a guy on the the other came up with possibly the greatest excuse we've heard. "This game is broken, it picked you guys to win and that's why we lost. You guys are scrubs." This guy was of course at the bottom with something like 9 kills and about 24 deaths and 4 confirms with no denies.

Either way, what are some original excuses you guys have heard aside from, "hacking, lag and aimbots"? I'm just wondering how original people out there have gotten. 

mdm123456789
43 REPLIES

Re: Perhaps the greatest excuse for losing.....

in reply to mdm123456789

The best one I had was we won because I was camping. A lot of people assume that just because my handle is Camping_Camper, I am a camper. I didn't camp that game yet a kid accused me of camping.

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

in reply to Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Yah, I'm doing going for diamond sniper rifles now, last ones for me to have all my guns diamond, and I've been getting hate mail left and right. I always said I'd never do the snipers, but this is getting to be alot of fun. LOL In the lobbies, I just reply with, "I'm sorry, I didn't know I bought this game to suit you and your handicap play style." That usually gets'em going good.

mdm123456789

in reply to mdm123456789

LOL That will get you even more hate. Yeah, you're right. Playing with sniper rifles will give you the most fun and satisfaction. It may not give you the best KDR or score but it's really fun to use and it's funny to get hate mails.

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Just got done playing a few rounds, sniper rifle of course as well as the normal trash talkers. While laughing  I told them that I wasn't even going to leave my spawn to make it easier for'em. We won and I went 20-9 with the DSR. LMFAO. But we were the scrubs.

mdm123456789

in reply to mdm123456789

Earlier this week i played against a party of 6 with a friend and 4 randoms, it was KC on Nuketown. According to them they lost because me and my friend used the R870, and they also said i shouldn't have used a shotgun at all because it's a noob weapon and i'm a after all a Prestige Master...

A pump action shotgun with very limited range and rate of fire (not to mention how often it fails you and you get just a hitmarker) against 6 SMG's in the hands of raging noobs that are all determined to rush you and get the revenge kill, that's a good game.

Raketti

in reply to Raketti

That's a sad excuse, indeed. It's really amazing how the attitude of players nowadays really went downhill. They never see themselves and their playstyle as the problem and blames their losses on lag, their opponent's playstyle, and/or the weapon their opponents are using. 

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Sad part is, is that it will never change and only get worse.

mdm123456789

I agree that many people are in denial when it comes to their own abilities and playstyles, and that the arguments about the enemies playstyles and choise of weapons are both ridiculous, but IMO lag is unfortunately a pretty valid argument in this game.

It's obviously a matter of personal experience you get on average, but at least for me the connection plays a huge role in the result. You can only adapt by so much, the connection is often so bad that the other team will dominate regardless of what you do. There's almost always at least one person on the other team that's very hard to kill, not necessarily because they are good, but because the are a few tenths of a second ahead and also sponge your bullets.

It's especially bad if the enemy team has a few players that know what they are doing with that lag advantage, and your team doesn't. I don't know what it is but the scale of the SPM's in any given lobby i get into is pretty large, and i usually end up with the bottom half of the board on my team. You would probably loose in that situation anyway, but if the connection is also against you it becomes really difficult to win. Maybe someone who is really good at the game can carry a bad team against a connection advantage, but i sure can't.

Raketti

It's not just this game either. This kind of attitude is now common around the country. People want to blame others for their mistakes and never look onto themselves. It's sad, but that's what we're becoming.

iHuntU1

Studios